Over under Henry yards

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Dec 16, 2018.

?
  1. Over

26 vote(s)
    78.8%
  2. Under

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  3. Exactly that

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

For what? Averaging 4.2 and 4.5 ypc? It’s unrealistic to expect him to run for 170+ yards a game. Some people have the weirdest standards for Henry.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Conklin in the line. :brow::brow:

No- seriously- Conklin hasn’t been what he should be. He was rushed back. And Henry is running his style now. He said it himself- he was being impatient trying to make things happen. Let’s be real, also. What RB doesn’t say they need enough carries to get in a rhythm? Add that to the fact our blocking schemes have been in a constant state of fluctuation and I’d say that explains it. He still averaged over 4 ypc during his run of bad games. And passing yards were WAY down on those games.

Henry is a good RB. I thing any debate on that is over.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I think limited carries maybe made him feel pressure to score every touch.

Yesterday impressed me more than the week before. We all know he can bounce outside and out run people. Yesterday he pushed forward and waited for holes.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  4. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

You can make the same argument about Kelly as you can about Henry. Completely different player now. The line basically imploded when he was forced in against NE last year. Now he looks like a starter.

5. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

One of the big knocks was how easy he'd go down, not use his size and strength. He looks like a different back the past few games. He's fighting for yards, hitting guys, and his vision looks to have improved. I noticed yesterday that it seems like he's slowing down a little to let the blocking develop. If he can keep building on this instead of sliding back, he'll be a special player.

Also, really glad he's been balling because WTF has happened to Lewis?! Anytime he touches the ball it's just sad.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Riverman

Dude- it was a joke. Conklin was rushed back- I think he’ll be fine after an appropriate amount of recovery and rehab/strength training time in off season

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

That wasn't meant to be in reference to your comment about Conklin, I was just commenting on the improvement from Kelly.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  8. Riverman

Kelly has been a pleasant surprise. It was a better depth move by JRob than what he did with Kline. Henry is running much more confidence and taking on contact with greater authority. Giving him enough carries to get in a rhthym has been as important as the early game play design to let him get his confidence up.

9. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I think we should consider keeping Kelly at RT and replacing Kline with Conklin (whenever he gets healthy)

10. Delco78

Delco78 Starter

I've been saying this exact thing for a while now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar