OLB with the 8th pick?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Nfl draft scout projects him as having 4.56 speed which would be fast for OLB or DE. Some sites project him at 4.65. I do agree with you that the uncertainty with how he would fit for us makes it hard to justify drafting him that high.

Even Ayers who played in a 4-3 and was a true OLB not just a pass rusher has issues with his lateral quickness and speed.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

That's what I'm arguing with. He is not even a ((NEAR))) hall of famer.

he was a good player, and a great Titan, but a speck in the grand scheme of the NFL. Players on the level of Bulluck league-wide are not incredibly rare.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm not sure why everyone is saying we don't need a true DE. Where does that come from? First of all Babin is a FA and might not be back. Secondly if a real good pass rushing DE is the BPA you take him without hesitation at #8. I'm talking about Bowers or Quinn, guys who can be true stud DEs who play opposite Morgan. You don't dink around with marginal OLBs if a guy like that is there at #8.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Speck in the grand scheme of things? Since 2002 until 2009 KB was one of the best 4-3 OLBs in the NFL period. Just because he got snuffed out of pro-bowls by guys with sack numbers doesn't do KB justice. KB got paid big bucks by the Titans for a reason.

5. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

okay so your saying that ford or ball cant do the job? i was impressed with our rotation this year at d end just had a bad year all around.....we need more offense than defense....there is much more talent through free agency for defense than there is for offense and thats why you draft an impact player for offense that can make a difference now and address defense in the later rounds and through free agency....just my opinion again though....if we get someone like greenway or harris in FA or even nnamdi would be great...but being in all honesty i think we wont sign anyone then our draft will make no sense to me and i will still be questioning who is running our organization lol

6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

What are your talking about? We had the 4th worst pass defense and we gave up the 13th most rushing yards in the NFL. Our entire linebacking core consists of people who can't cover to save their lives. Our defensive tackles consist of a consistently injured Tony Brown and a defensive end who is out of position. Our defensive ends can't stop the run to save their lives. (No Ford and Ball can't do the job). I saved the best for last though as our secondary may have been the worst secondary in the entire league during the second half of the season.

The number 8 pick in the draft in to be one of three things: our QB of the future, a big pocket collapsing defensive tackle, or Prince Amukamara. Anything else and we will have a top 5 pick next season. I am tired of having the island of misfit toys on the defensive side of the ball; I want nothing more then our defense to return to top 10 form.

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

After watching the senior bowl I wouldn't mind Von Miller at 8 and Ponder at 40.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Yeah my opinion of Miller at 8 has changed and I wouldn't mind taking him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar