OLB/DE prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by JCBRAVE, Jan 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

How come Brave?

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He only has one pass rush move which is jet up-field and hope those long arms can reach out and corral the QB in. He seems to have slow change of direction too, at 6'6" its understandable

He never goes balls to the wall

But that 6'6" frame is tempting, reminds me of Kearse but without the insane speed.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Anthony Nelson of Iowa is 6'7... but man is he slow

4. Delco78

Delco78 Starter

Raekwon Davis is going back to college

5. JCBRAVE

Good, hes not that impressive

We do need to address DL badly tho

6. WV2SoCalTitan

WV2SoCalTitan Starter

speaking of impressive, this guy is moving up my list of wants in a hurry

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Since this is the OLB/DE thread - my favorite player so far that I had never heard of until I started watching tape is Jaylon Ferguson. I can't believe I hadn't heard of him, because he broke the FBS record for sacks previously held by Terrell Suggs.

Love this guys explosion and physicality. I haven't seen any mock draft with him in the 1st round yet, so I need to do more research on his weaknesses besides playing at a small school (and lesser competition). If he's there in the 2nd and we didn't go OLB in the 1st this would be a great pick for J-Rob.

Imagine getting a stud D-lineman like Jeffrey Simmons at #19 then Ferguson in the 2nd. Our defense goes from Good to Elite immediately!

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I like Polite though he may end up being too small. Is he another Vic Beasley or another Marquis Haynes?

Montez Sweat does not really look like a good fit for the 3-4. He is tall, has tight hips and poor lateral movement.

Raekwon going back for his senior year.

Edge players not looking as good at they originally did. Better to fill that need in FA.

9. JCBRAVE

Very few of those guys hit FA, but the pool is deep this offseason so we shall see

Dee Ford might have ruined his chances to go back to KC after that loss Sunday

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Zadarius Smith is another one to look at. The Ravens likely cannot afford to keep him with the other OLB they have.

Markus Golden could be good too. He struggled with the transition to 4-3 so the Cards unlikely to keep him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar