Offseason Priorities -- With Cap and FA Analysis

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Nov 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Would be a good one to target

2. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Winston has started exactly one game this season. He is a depth tackle and nothing more. Their starting OTs are Whitwerth and Smith

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. kenny

kenny Starter

I do not know much about how the cap stuff works. Do we still have to take on the dead money for Levitre after trading him?

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Yes, over $4 million

5. kenny

kenny Starter

THAT SUCKS

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Well, after another week we still have the same needs IMO... RT, LG, C, CB, FS, RB, & WR. Great, half the team.

7. CuseTitansFan

CuseTitansFan Starter

The Titans don't have a ton of money to spend this offseason so it needs to spent wisely and where it is most needed. By that I mean at positions where we obviously need an upgrade and where a rookie would need longer to have an actual impact. As much I would love to sign Wilkerson, Miller, Norman, Jeffery, etc., I just don't think its smart to spend most our FA money on one player and there is virtually no chance any of those guys hit the FA market. I'll give a list of positions and players I think we have an actual chance of upgrading in FA and then where we could go in the draft:

FS - Eric Berry: great player, great story, and went to Tennessee. Has played SS and adapting extremely well to FS. Hard hitting/rangy safety that Lebeau (if he is here next year) would love. Second option would be Eric Weddle, who is a little older but extremely talented. I know a lot of people want to draft safety early in the draft but I think the FA pool is good enough we can upgrade in FA and draft else where.

T - Cordy Glenn: One of the best pass blockers in the NFL. Can play both RT & LT and very little chance of Buffalo resigning him. Only 26 years old and with him and Lewan at the ends, Mariota should be well protected.

Those are my two big signings in FA. Per OTC (after cutting Griffin) we will have about $28M to sign players so roughly $21M after signing next years draft class. I think we can sign the two above players for around $15M. My second tier FA signings with the remaining $6M would be:

NT - Damon Harrison: Great run stopper and underutilized by the Jets. Judging by last year's NT signings I wouldn't expect him to be very expensive.

WR - Marvin Jones: Great compliment WR and when we hire Hue Jackson it will be an even more perfect fit.

RISK vs REWARD signings - WR - Josh Gordon: Extremely talented but comes with a ton of baggage. Should be cheap but who knows what kind of shape he's in.

OLB - Aldon Smith: Again a ton of baggage but has played decent for the Raiders. Only if he's inexpensive.

DRAFT: My perfect first 3 round of the draft would be:
    1. Vernon Hargreaves
    2. Scooby Wright
    3. Max Tuerk

Some things that could change my options above:
    1. DGB doesn't show any more potential to be a true #1
    2. David Cobb doesn't show we can be a workhorse.
    3. Jeremiah Poutasi doesn't work out at LG.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Titans have a lot to spend FTR

9. CuseTitansFan

CuseTitansFan Starter

I am just going off of overthecap.com. It shows us having $22.8 going into the off season which ranks 15th.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I doubt thats including carryover from 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar