Official Round 1 Selection thread - GM Mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Carpy, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

with the tenth pick in the 2008 nfl draft the New Orleans saints select leodis mckelvin.

the saints are a little disappointed that neither ellis or dorsey fell to them to protect their newly signed LBs, but with mike mckenzie getting older and jason david obviously not the answer opposite him, mckelvin gives them a big physical corner who can also return punts and kicks.

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Buffalo Bills select Keith Rivers LB USC

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

With the twelfth pick of the 2008 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select Offensive Tackle, Chris Williams, University of Vanderbilt.

4. With the 13th pick of the 2008 GM Mock draft, the Carolina Panthers select Jeff Otah, OT, Pitt.

The Panthers need an OT bad. I wanted to go with Williams because he's more proven as a pass protector (and he's a Vandy guy). But Otah is the last top tackle and has a huge upside.

5. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

With the 14th pick of the 2008 NFL draft the Chicago Bears pick Limas Sweed, WR, Texas.

This team needed help at OL bad. They had the two previously picked players high on their list but with them off the board they need to address their next biggest concern. With Berrian and Mohammed gone the bears will need a big receiver to boost their offense. Limas Sweed will fit the role well enough.

6. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

With the 15th pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Detroit Lions select Rashard Mandenhall, RB from Illinois.

With all of the top flight offensive lineman already off the board and having already addressed cornerback through free agency and trades, Mandenhall seems to be the best option on the board, especially after releasing Kevin Jones.

7. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

With the 16th pick in the draft, the Arizona Cardinals select Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB, Tennessee ST. With Antrel Rolle with moving to safety this team will need another young corner to help the defense. This guy is to good to pass up.

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

With the 17th pick in the draft, the Minnesota Vikings select Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida. With Udeze battling cancer and Minnesota's Def. built around the defensive line they add the top DE on board.

9. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

With the 18th pick of the draft, the Houston Texans select Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona.

Cason is a polished, aggresive corner that helps the Texans address their biggest area of need - the secondary.

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

At #19, Philly takes Aqib Talib.

He looked good to me the few times I saw him. Philly could use a CB. I guess the questions are does he fit their scheme and is this too high for him? Why do I care? I hate Philly anyway :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar