Official Mariota farewell tour thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Aug 25, 2018.

?

will this be Mariota a last year

Poll closed Dec 3, 2018.
  1. Yes

19.7%
  2. No

64.8%
  3. He’ll be back but in a competition

12.3%
  4. #bringbackmett

3.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Ftr

I’m batting 1.00 on calling farewell tours

Perfect score

Unblemished

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Has more to do with bitterness that Mariota has given me zero reason to like the selection four years later. We're in year four and having a legitimate debate as to whether he's good or not. That's not good.

Three head coaches, three offensive coordinators, several different skill position players, one quarterback. It seems like no one is capable of bringing out the best of Marcus Mariota.

Hopefully it's "just" preseason and the offense looks incredibly different come the regular season, but the talk in this thread that he's going to be here for years regardless of his play this season is ridiculous. Obviously ownership likes the kid. The fans for the most like the kid. But if he isn't playing well it would be irresponsible to extend him beyond his fifth-year option.

But let's extend him and bring in another coaching staff. I'm sure they'll finally figure it out.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Zero reason?

I can think of one off hand................

mm.jpg

And I agree with you on the hopes -- I hope Matt is just very discreetly testing footwork and other kinks out without altogether showing the hand......

Had this been Robiscuits, I would have called you a liar --- but LaFleur is a QB guru, as with O'Hara... so that's something they can under the radar test.. Jason Michael was like a lost duckling....

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

What happened to the Sean McVay magic?
    When we fired Mularkey everyone in favor of the sacking was saying that Lafleur would make Mariota instantly great like McVay did with Goff. Now after 3 preseason games it will suddenly take 2 years before Mariota learns the system.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Zero reason.

I was actually hopeful after his first two seasons. The game never seemed like it was too big for him. He looked like he belonged, for the most part. Then he lost his mojo last season. It doesn't really look like he's found it thus far. It looks like he's getting worse instead of getting better.

You can like his moxie, leadership, personality, whatever. None of it matters if he's missing guys who are wide open while running around in circles behind the line of scrimmage just to throw an interception.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

If you're referring to him missing Corey Davis.. You can tell Corey wasn't ready for the snap. He reached up to adjust his facemask and 8 already said hike... So it's almost like Corey had to haul ahh on a route that seemed like it were a slower, shallow streak route... And Corey over compensated, resulting in a way off under throw

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  7. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Part of my wants to say this thread is dumb but at the same time, Rob didn’t draft Marcus. So who knows, he could be willing to dump him if it means the best thing for the team moving forward.

But if anything, the likely scenario would him bringing in someone to compete for the job.

8. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I don't think any of that matters....

CD was standing directly in front of Mariota, wide open, with his hands up.

Mariota looked directly at CD standing directly in front of him, wide open, with his hands up. Mariota then throws a ball 10 yards in front of CD and 10 yards to the left of CD skipping off the ground..... That had nothing to do with route, timing, miscommunication, etc. It was a terrible throw....

If there was an adjustment needed, it was the QB not adjusting to a wide open receiver. What did Mariota want CD to do? Run over to the DBs and then ask for the throw?

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Andy Dalton is still a Bengal

Marcus isnt going anywhere guys

I'm all for holding him accountable and wanting the brain fart throws to stop. Hes had 2 in 2 weeks. And both to the left side of the field

But if you have anything resembling a QB you keep him. Just how it goes.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Suddenly? No. It's always been a year and a half build.

Does that mean hes allowed to suck for a year, no. But there were mixed reviews from Goff last preseason too.

I've been watching a lot of preseason games around the league, lots of QBs are having wtf moments as well FWIW.

Come week 5 and this is still a constant theme with Mary then maybe we go after Bridgewater or Bradford. Our window is NOW. We cant wait for Mary forever. By now he should have most the kinks worked out.

But its preseason week-3, people need to calm down.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar