Official 2018 HC search thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Up_KD, Dec 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

They wanted Cutler.

2. skitch

McDaniels as an OC....he was a disaster as a HC. Pi$$ed everybody off, players didn't like him, and he was all in on Tebow.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

oh hes never coming here as OC

if we want him its HC or nothing

Belichick would just block our calls if its for the same position McDaniels has in NE, but if its a promotion the league would force his hand

4. skitch

My point exactly, my Brave friend.
    Personally.....
    PASS

5. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Noooooooooiohhkkkvhkh
    He's actually interviewing for the Colts job. If he's interested in Indy...he has to be interested in us since we have more promising players....I'm gonna be so pissed if we get into the playoffs underwhelming ass team and then get our asses kicked on Saturday and we're left with Mularkey for another year while the Colts get McDaniels

#95 lilkhmerkid4u, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  6. Moon1

Moon1 Starter

That was years ago. Plenty of great coaches have failed the first time around. I think he's worth giving a second chance to and especially if Robinson, who knows him well, is on board.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Pretty sure Fishbag wanted Leinart and Floyd wanted Cutler.

8. skitch

Just going by what Fisher said on the radio last week......

9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Plenty of good OCs are just that, good OCs as well. Norv Turner comes to mind as someone who was a great OC, and not very good HC. Actually a better example is Whiz....

Also, Belicheat has not exactly spawned very many good HC offspring IMO....

I have to agree with @skitch ......PASS.

10. MsgBoardJesus

MsgBoardJesus Starter

This was two years ago. Pretty much everything except for player personnel (which is better) is the same as it is now. McDaniels said that he would love to take the Tennessee job and coach Mariota. There is nothing that would have changed his mind two years later.

EDIT: Also, Fisher wanted his boy from USC. Floyd wanted Cutler, because Floyd is a lot smarter than Fisher.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar