Official 2016 Titans Off Season Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Two Kings, Feb 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

10 mil a year for a G. I don't know about that...

I'd rather throw that money at a RT or Center.

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports the "buzz" at the Combine is free agent G/T Kelechi Osemele is "looking at" $10 million-plus per year.

Osemele has everything going for him; he's only 26, can play four positions along the offensive line aside from center, and will easily be a top-five free agent once others get franchise tags. The Ravens have reportedly been "aggressive" in trying to retain Osemele, who they view as their long-term left tackle, but it's probably going to take a big offer to keep him off the open market. The Ravens have already used their franchise tag on K Justin Tucker.

Source: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter
    Feb 26 - 9:57 AM

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hed be a nice shot in the arm to this line, Id like to see it happen. NFL contracts have gotten insane in recent years so whats $10M....

Between our current Guards we're only spending $4M this year on Guards (10th cheapest in the league). There is money to be spent.

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Didn't we go through this a few years back with LeVitre? Lol

4. JCBRAVE

so never try again? levitre was never the best anything, he just hit FA at the perfect time

5. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I don't think we can/should compete with LT money. I mean maybe it gives us flexibility to not take Tunsil... But I dunno. Lot of money for a guard.

6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

So move Lewan to RT?

7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Is a kicker worth franchising?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  8. JCBRAVE

sometimes

if theyre good and you know you cant do better

9. rekirts

rekirts Starter

They don't cost a lot to franchise. Still I don't think they can keep Osemele then. Weird decision by them.

Unless they think Osemele would have qualified for LT franchise tag then I don't understand it. LG wouldn't have been too much. Guy is about to hit his prime.

#79 rekirts, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Yup. He gone.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar