Not Much Choices at QB in Free Agency

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CKTitan, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

yeah i have. and matt ryan and Flacco are both very much the exception rather than the rule.

Cutler didn't start till week 13 (and was really average that year and went 2-3); Manning was absolutely horrendous his very first season; McNair took 3-4 seasons to get good; Eli didnt start till week 11 and played meh at best

Most QBs aren't good from the get go; and like 7-8 out of 10 times, the guy's going to need to sit some and be brought up to speed.

Sure there will be a few like Ryan, but to bank that any rookie can start his first season and play very well by mid-season....well it's like the current ideaology in college football fans right now that if you sign a new coach, he'll win a national championship in two-three years b/c of what meyer and saban have done with their teams

most times it's really unrealistic

2. murrykline

murrykline Starter

I would sooner discuss Stafford and Sanchez before Manning and McNair...over 10 years ago? WTF man.... do you need a new calendar or something?

I said the last few years, not decades. Either stay on point or move along.

3. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

I did stay on point. Point was Flacco and Ryan are exceptions, not the rules. (want to throw those out fine, look at the eli and cutler examples; palmer played no games either).

We can just as easily go into how many 1st round QBs dont turn out while we're at it too.

And boy it's always nice to see someone else get angry when a small criticism is made over their post. Always just dandy to see someone like that

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

All he's saying is that the recent crops of QB's have been making impacts for their teams earlier than later. This is not usually the norm but it seems college QB's are more NFL ready then ever. I would love Bradford, Snead, Pike, or Locker in a tennessee uniform even though our defense is about to get gutted at the end of the year which might not be a bad thing.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Might be even more idiotic to deliberately disclude a player because you don't like him.

6. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

Vince :grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr:ing Young who will be unmovable after this year because of his contract.

7. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

what? no.

The big salary and bonus come next season, meaning most likely he'd be cut before next season

....I'd say that makes him pretty movable after this year

8. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

Yeah if Fisher chloroforms Bud Adams in the process.

9. AH3

AH3 Rookie

I think a better plan is drafting a good QB and loaning him to the Colts for his first season to learn under Manning. Do you really think any rookie QB will learn anything here? Maybe the Colts would do that for us for a 6th round pick or something. It's the perfect plan :lol:

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

A better plan, using that logic, would be to go after Jim Sorgi...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar