No aliens?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Jun 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

That is not necessarily true either. What if you are giving the perception that you think in order to explain your existence down to the finite detail if I were to ask you about it?

Ok that probably sounded silly but think about it this way ....

If I am the one who exists and each one of you reading this are just part of my dream world then others in the world do not exist. But if they understood that they did not exist then they could tell me and thus break my reality. So each person I come in contact with must have an infinitely complex yet simple explanation of who they are and what they do have done or are doing. To do this and not bring suspicion to the fact that they are only part of another reality they must have a subconscious belief that they have done something during the times they are not interaction with me. Thus I am the only one who truly exists and each of you are just bits of undigested pudding.

2. Blazing Arrow

Or you can believe in a contracting Universe. One theory that is brought up in a Brief History of Time. Basically the big bang theory but the bang itself reaches a point of maximum expansion from the point of the bang. At which point the universe will begin to contract back into itself. In fact it is suggested that every thing you do has been done thousands of times before in different contractions and expansions and will be done again. This theory is strong for those who believe in fait and all that.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

B.A., your first post fits within what I was attempting to say. The idea does rest around you only being able to know that you exist. You can't prove anything about other people.

4. Blazing Arrow

The statement says that we can know if we exist "because we think", but if we did not think or at least the dream state makes us feel that we have a thought it could break reality. So you think you think to hold reality for the actual dreamer. The only thing you can really get from all of that is a person I come in contact with even in the most insignificat way is the dreamer and yes I could also be the dreamer.

5. Blazing Arrow

The second one was just another theory about the whole thing, thought I would throw it out there as well.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Pac Man is an error in the matrix. A Deja vu.

7. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

:ha: WOW

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Thats a real good idea, but anyone could say, how do I know Youre not part of my imagination, everyone could say theyre the real one and everyone else is fake, but that person themselves has to believe theyre real becuase they act on their own mind.

the only possibility I could see is that we are all real with interacting thoughts in some system

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

It will be ok......

just put the bong down.....

and walk away.

All this discussion makes me think of the scene in Animal House with Donald Sutherland explaining how every atom in our body could be a tiny universe... ah, such a great movie.

So, when does football start again?

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar