Rumor Nick Holz as OC? Really?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Feb 2, 2024.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies due to lack of activity. Consider opening a new thread instead.
  1. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

I don’t know. I keep hearing about how the OC isn’t really going to matter, that BC will be calling the plays, etc.

But then if that is the case, then that would also mean that we just hired a guy to be our HC and call those plays that didn’t matter at his last job, and didn’t call plays but will be now be calling plays for the first time ever for us.

It all looks good on paper or in theory… and I’m hopeful. But I’d be lying if I didn’t say that there is some trepidation on my part.

I think that I would have preferred to see a proven, experienced OC man the position. That way, if BC stinks at play calling, he could have a safety net.

• Cheers Cheers x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I think he’ll still use the OC to collaborate.
    Although I do see your point, 2020 Vrabel was the DC although have some BS title to Bowen, the D reflected as one of the worst in Vrabel’s tenure, then he officially promoted Bowen for 2021 as DC.
    Let’s see how it plays out I guess. A whole lot of “new” all over this team.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

wait till exhibition season and BC lets OC call plays to keep super secret offense secret until it can be unleashed upon unsuspecting NFL

that will be great fun

• LOL LOL x 2
  4. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

Brian says he is confident he can do it
    I suppose we will find out

5. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

I can’t see anyone saying that they aren’t confident. Even Todd Downing said “he was confident” in his play calling too….lol

He has a pretty good resume. But sometimes with things like this you either have it, or you don’t. Watching someone do something, is not the same as actually doing it yourself obviously.

I can watch those Ariel free style skiers fly down a slope at 90mph, launch themselves in the air and do crazy flips and land smoothly like it was nothing. While they make it looks easy, if tried it I’d crash and burn and break my neck.

Like you said, we’ll find out soon. I’m hopeful that we’ve struck gold!

6. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Watching someone from afar and watching someone actively and closely are very different. I bet you would do alright if you followed those Ariel skiers around while they performed those stunts and learned why they are doing what they are doing while you watched them.

7. Young54

Young54 Starter

This might be a little late, but I just heard on Buck Reising's AtoZ podcast, that when it was reported we hired Callahan, word was we were also hiring Thomas Brown as OC. That would have been a home run. I wonder what happened? Did we make him an offer? He's the Passing Game Coordinator with the Bears now, so I imagine he would have taken an OC job, even if it didn't come with play calling.

8. Who

Who Starter

I told you all, more years of mediocrity. Stupid owner

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  9. LiLTex12

LiLTex12 Starter

I never thought we were going to get a big name OC. No OC that’s the “real deal” wants to come to a team with a head coach that is most likely calling the plays and running the offense himself. This is one of the very few times you want a yes man at OC. He just needs to do whatever Callahan tells him.

Wilson knew the defense would be all his, and that’s how we were able to land him.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Collaboration

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies due to lack of activity. Consider opening a new thread instead.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar