NFL Championship Games

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Fact

2. JVC34

JVC34 Special Teams Standout

Making the Argument that Ryan Tannehill suits the Tennessee offense better than Brady, because we're run first offense is silly.
    Tom Brady proved he's the system. Using we had a bad defensive team is even a sillier argument....Ryan Tannehill was 11and 5 on a bad defense....but Brady wouldn't fair as good???
    The comparison comes down to one game, the game against Baltimore in the playoffs.
    Baltimore stacked the line and dared Tennessee to beat through the air....we know the outcome, Tennessee had no answer.
    Knowing that....would Baltimore stack the line to stop Henry with Brady at quarterback? I don't think so, and if they did Brady would pick them apart.
    Henry would fair better with Brady at quarterback against Baltimore....he most likely doesn't get 2000k in a season....however he would still win the rushing title, and the titans would be better overall with Brady.
    There's no argument here....Brady is significantly better than Tannehill.
    We have seen....stop the run, and we're done.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Where were all these comments about how the Thill contract was a mistake, during the season?

Thats right, nowhere.

Old man Brady threw 3 picks yesterday, most Tannehill threw in a game all season was 2 i think. By no means is this a proper assessment, but i find this conversation ridiculous.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Lord yes. I would have less stomach distress for sure.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Yup. That was always his downfall, could never hit consistently >50. Nice to see him do well though. I can't say the same for Santos, I wouldn't be upset if he never made another kick.

6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I like Tannehill, he's been a big upgrade for sure.
    I think the point was made, if you take the run away from the Bucs, Brady will pick teams apart, Tannehill won't, that was proven against Baltimore. Was it Art or Tannehill? Injuries to WRs?

Yes he threw 3 picks but "Old man Brady" is going to his 10th SB.

7. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

That is a bit too simple..

Problem is, even though Baltimore was stacking the box and run blitzing pretty much non-stopped.... Art still had to try and force running with Henry. If he had adjusted and started going with short passes over the blitzers it would have been a different ballgame.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Isn't that what I said by Brady would pick a team apart?

9. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Yes, but I was talking about Tannehill.

I dont think Tannehill "won't", he has to go with the plays given to him. You made it sound more like Tannehill can't.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar