New Titans GM Search

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Jan 9, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

AAS had this to say today which I find telling:

"We want someone who is an exceptional talent evaluator, exceptional at roster building, and someone who is an excellent decision-maker. I also want someone who is a collaborator, someone who is able to find and build consensus to get to the best answers for the team, someone who is open to innovation and evaluating talent beyond the traditional avenues. Just really a talented person in all areas. But more than anything I want someone that can collaborate – that is super important to me, being able to find this person who can collaborate so we're all working together, rowing the same direction."

This really reminds me of the reports that Jrob did too much on his own rather than working with ownership and coaches. The AJ Brown trade being the embodiment of that unilateral decision making.
    The calls for interviews go out today. Hopefully we get someone in this month. Not a lot of time till FA.

Titans Set to Take Next Step in Finding the Franchise’s Next General Manager

• Informative Informative x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

With Downing you could have an pro bowl level superstar team and still only score 13 points. Talent is meaningless while he's still collecting a check.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Disagree entirely. There is plenty of blame for our season to be placed on our poverty OL and WR groups.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Sounds exactly like what you'd expect her to say. Pretty generic statement.

5. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I don't know much about people around the league who would be good. I don't think I want someone like DiMitroff that has been a GM before and failed. Is there someone obvious we want to pull for to get the job? Is this going to be like the Mularkey "coaching search" where it is already predetermined that Cowden is going to get it?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

I think Adam Peters would be an excellent hire

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Sorry, don’t want anyone from a losing organization.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I dont want a dang thing to do with anyone who has any connection to the Browns in any way shape or form.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
  9. DoubleBlue

DoubleBlue Highly Respected Poster

Strictly based off of the drafting they have done and trades they have made over the last several years, i would definitely want this to happen for us. 49ers also have had to deal with big injuries but find ways to stay really good. This is definitely my top choice

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Titans23

Titans23 Starter

Can we get someone from the Chiefs and Ravens FO for an interview? Both of those teams have always seemed to draft well. Chiefs especially as of late!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar