New Renderings of Future Nissan Stadium Upgrades

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CaptainInsano02, Jan 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainInsano02

CaptainInsano02 Starter

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Gotta keep up with all these billion dollar places popping up in every NFL city.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I've got a few years until retirement but one of my possible plans is to move close enough to Nashville for some season tickets.
    I've been to the stadium and think the location is awesome being just across the bridge from downtown.

I know there is talks about needing a new stadium.

IF there is a new stadium in the works, does anyone know where it could possibly move to? Or would they look to tear down the current and rebuild in the same place?
    I'm guessing no on the latter due to the time it would take to do that unless they plan on the team playing at Vanderbilt or something again for a season or 2.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I filled out a survey about possible future renovations and it seemed it was all geared toward corporations or pregame food/beverage tents.

For me, I want some kind of covering similar to Hard Rock that gives fans some relief from the friggin’ sun or rain. Keep space over the field itself clear.

Anything less than that isn’t going to be any real improvement for 95% of fans.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 7
    • High Five High Five x 2
  5. JCBRAVE

Yea that would be great for fans

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

When the Giants were in the process of getting a new field they started looking at prime spots within Manhattan but between needing housing and the fact the parking lot at the old stadium was the perfect size they just built it right there.

Yankees did the same thing years before

But Nissan isnt as old as most places they tear down in pro sports. Maybe in 10 yrs it will be

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Another thing going on is that there is 60-acres of prime property on the river near the stadium which is owned by a scrap metal company. That property has been discussed for a lot of things from an amusement park, a baseball stadium to a great location if the Titans were to ever rebuild their stadium.

The scrap metal yard is a huge eyesore but the owners know they are setting on a gold mine. They require access to the river, railroads and highways and they can't seem to find another property to suit their needs.

TDOT went to them to purchase just a sliver of the property for the highway and the owners fought it for years.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. SouthSide1

SouthSide1 615 STRONG

Man you ain't lying. Me and my brother went to the home opener against the Colts and that Sun was literally in our face the WHOLE game. That was a hot one.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

10. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Im in NZ so no where near Nashville, but to me the images are pretty disappointing, looks like a bit of lipstick slapped on..

I also see on facebook locals are complaining about their taxes paying for it, and not the Titans

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar