Need a QB - Time to blow it up

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titan Yapper, Dec 25, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Disagree that time has not allowed it….the choice to not bring in a true backup is what has forced him on the field and that was one of JRobs bad decisions

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Yes, it was a huge mistake to rush Willis. He is clearly not NFL ready. He should have carried a clipboard all year and next. He may show some decent development in time, but he will never be a top 5 QB and the learning curve is so steep for him that I really don’t think you can pass a better option by with the hopes he is your guy. Maybe we can trade him to JR when he lands on another team…

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Willis hasn't looked great but he obviously needs time to develop. But judging him with these WRs and OK isn't fair... Tannehill gets a pass at times being those factors why not a rookie?

This team needs an overhaul at OL and WR and a non Dipsh*t OC before any QB can stand a chance, rookie or not.

If Tannehill won't restructure I would be signing Brady, D Jones, Jimmy G or Mayfield in FA and see what another year or 2 can do for Willis.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I’m in the either/or camp with Willis currently. Even if he sucks through another training camp, I’ve got no issue letting him ride the PS again but there should be a better backup available for the most injured team in the league.

Also, if he were straight up cut today, I’d have no beef. His future does t look very promising.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. PattBattMann

PattBattMann Special Teams Standout

The majority of the team's money needs to go into beefing up the O-line and maintaining what could be an elite D if healthy. It would be epic if Dobbs turned out to be a diamond in the rough. Having the QB position at a very cheap price while building around him with top-tier talent would be ideal. Likely? Probably not, but we can always be hopeful.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I agree, but that does not change the fact that he needs more time. We definitely should have either kept Woodside or picked up a more experience backup. Looks like Vrabel/new GM came to the same viewpoint recently...

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

because T17 has done it before that is why

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

at least he made decisions and did something... which was nice

only real gripe I had was the time he could have & should have ran but threw into coverage... might have been picked I cant remember... but he should have just ran the rock there was space in front of him

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

It's a what have you done for me lately league... Tannehill hasn't been great since last year's playoff game vs Cincy

10. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Agree with @GoT at this point I chalk that up to lack of game experience.

That said, I am WAY far away from agreeing to more than the view that he is a better option than Willis right now. Maybe that changes next week, but there is a reason that he has spent 6 seasons tossing 17 passes in mop up duty before we picked him up.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar