Munchak: We want a veteran QB who can win now.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea I know right... Dude writes about the most obvious stuff, and screws it up at that. IDK what he earns annually, but if it's more than I do, I might have to take his job.

He's probably got a few phone numbers from his scouting days and that's what makes him a writer.

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Vince is slightly above average. But he was on the bench :cool:

Jokes! Jokes!

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Let's not confuse Vince's play with what happened in the Washington game.

Vince was a good QB for us, it was him lashing out at Fisher that got him the boot. Not his play.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I thought it was his injury.

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Our old roommate is a Seahawks fan. He said he would pass on Hasselbeck.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

We never knew the extent of the injury. Remember, that's what the argument was about. He WANTED to go back in the game.

But wait, isn't that contradictory of him? And the players? Why would they support a quitter? Oh yea, because they're boys :rolleyes:

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'll pass on your roommate then lol.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

You make lashing out and being often injured sound like it's ok.

No, No, No. If you said "Let's not confuse Vince's performance as a Titan with his general dislike of pumpkin pie" then we might have a point of agreement because nobody gives two $#!ts what he likes for dessert. The fact of the matter is that it's part of his job as a quarterback and captain of the team to be on the same page as Fisher and keep his cool with his coach no matter what. Frankly, Fisher shouldn't have had to deal with Vince's bull$#!t. All Vince needed to do was worry about doing his damn job and if he could have done that, which clearly he couldn't, he would still be the Titans quarterback, we would have a different 1st round draft pick and Jake Locker would probably be a Viking or something. That's not to say Fisher deserves a free pass or never made a mistake but the difference is that if Fisher needs to be put in his place there are mechanisms by which that happens, namely, the ten executives in the Titans front office. Now with all that being said please for the love of God and all things holy stop referring to Vince Young's personal problems of accountability and personal management as a singular incident rather than the protracted 5 year soap opera that it is in reality. Should Vince get another chance in the NFL expect more of the same kind of personality glitches. I'm very interested to see what the future holds.

• High Five High Five x 4
  9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Just read the beginning of your post.

I've listed several of Vince's faults throughout these threads. I cold go back and quote them but I don't have the time aka too lazy.

As far as Vince's 5 year soap opera. I would like to know. The incidents I know of are the Jax game, the supposed "suicide" incient, the strip club fight, and the Washington game.

Are there more? Are those what you are referring too as Vince's BS?

10. EdRomeo

EdRomeo Football Fan

Matching up scheme to QB:

#1. Donovan McNabb (WCO QB but as a veteran is more scheme diverse) --WCO teams: Seahawks, Bengals, Titans 50% non-WCO teams Zona, Vikings, Panthers

#2. Kyle Orton (Erhardt-Perkins)--E&P teams: Vikings, Zona, 50% Titans

#3. Matt Hasselbeck (WCO QB but as a veteran is more scheme diverse)
    WCO teams: Seahawks, Bengals, Titans 50% non-WCO teams Zona, Vikings, Panthers
    ???

4. Vince Young (Denver WCO)--Denver WCO teams: Washington, Houston

#5. Tarvaris Jackson(WCO)--WCO teams: Seahawks, Bengals, Titans 50%
    Packers
    #6. Kevin Kolb (WCO)--Philly

#7. Marc Bulger--(Coryell) ???

#8. Rex Grossman--Washington

#10. Alex Smith--49ers

#9. Jake Delhomme--(Erhardt-Perkins)--????

#1. Carson Palmer-Retire

Other hunches:
    David Carr--(Chris Palmer's Erhardt-Perkins, Giants Erhardt-Perkins and Houston WCO)--Titans--50% Chris Palmer's Erhardt-Perkins

Derek Anderson--(Coryell)-Panthers--(Rob Chudinski's Norv Turner/Coryell)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar