Munch "Not trading Cook. Not happy at 3-5"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Munchak will never flat out call someone out, not who he is. He played Guard for crying out loud.

2. damersbrah

damersbrah Special Teams Standout

They already have more wins than they did last season, while increasing pretty significantly on the defensive side of the ball (they even have a better defense than we do). There offense hasn't come together, but there is a noticeable improvement in all phases of the game. We damn well finish with a better record than them, we are coming off a 9-7 season. They just went 2-14. The talent level disparity between the two teams was enormous from last season.

Everything else you have said was empty rhetoric, and I'm not convinced. He hasn't adapted to the changes in the game? Losing streaks (or losing in general) is never solely on the HC, you have to work with the talent you have. You haven't justified any claim, merely stated an opinion (and that's fine, but don't dogmatically hold it true).

I was never saying he was the best coach, but I don't think he was bad. I'd argue he was (and still is) in the top 10. Was Coughlin bad because he couldn't win with the talent in JAX, how about Belicheck when he couldn't win with the talent in CLE? A coach's success will only be as good as his level of talent.

The guys I'd put ahead of Fisher:

Jim Harbaugh
    Pete Carrol
    Bill Belicheck

Arguable:

Coughlin
    Payton
    Tomlin
    McCarthy
    John Harbaugh (meant to put him here the first time)

How about your list?

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Losing 45-7 to the Pats. I guess that is 14 points better than he did here.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. damersbrah

At least he isn't setting the record for a historically bad defense this year.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Is your list a joke?

You left out a ton of coaches... and why is Pete Carroll in there? I'd actually say that Fisher is better than Carroll - though I do like his energy out on the field.

Coughlin, Payton, Tomlin, and McCarthy are ARGUABLY better than Fisher?!?! They're Super Bowl winning coaches. I'd really like to know what you're smoking... and I don't want to sound unoriginal here. I really would like to know - because it must truly be incredible.

My list:

Belichick
    Coughlin
    Tomlin
    Payton
    McCarthy
    Harbaugh
    Harbaugh
    L. Smith
    M. Smith
    Reid
    Shanahan

And I could probably throw in a couple others.

The coaches who are arguably better than Fisher are guys like Ryan, Kubiak, Fox... the guys you mentioned are actually unarguably better than Fisher.

• High Five High Five x 5
  6. damersbrah

Pete Carrol is on there because, well look at what he did with SEA. They went from one of the worst teams to having arguably the best defense in the NFL.

Well Tomlin was handed that superbowl team that was built by someone else and Dick Lebeau. It's funny you hold dwelling in mediocrity against Fisher but list guys like Shanahan, Reid, Lovie Smith, Fox and Kubiak. I mean what is your criteria for a good coach?

Shanahan and Reid are about on par with Fish (forgot about them), but they seem to have the seem problems you condemn Fisher for.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'd just like to know how you consider Super Bowl winning coaches to only be slightly better than Fisher - a guy who never won one and a guy who has only 6 winning seasons in 17 years as a coach (make it 18 after this year).

I hate the Steelers, but Tomlin is a phenomenal coach... better than Cowher was.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. damersbrah

Who McCarthy or Tomlin? Like I said, Tomlin was handed the keys to a kingdom that he didn't build. McCarthy has been good in the playoffs, but give Fisher a QB like Rodgers and see if he doesn't have comparable results. I'm not saying he would, but Fisher has never had that level of talent on the team.

I am a firm believer a coach is only as good as the quality of players on the field. Look at John Fox, he was horrendous in CAR. Give him Manning and a solid defense and they are the darkhorse favorites in the AFC. Similiar to Coughlin leaving JAX and getting Eli.

Give any of the coaches the same roster Fisher had been working with over the years and I doubt they'll have any significant improvement in results.

9. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Tomlin is a really smart guy though and he's one of my favorite coaches. You can just tell he knows what he's talking about and doing for the most part. I'd love for him to be our coach. :(

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Umm Jon Fox fielded some good Panthers teams, so whatchu talkin bout....

2003 11-5
    2005 11-5
    2008 12-4
    In fact, it wasn't til his final year there that they sucked, he'd always been around .500 or better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar