Multiple positive covid tests hit Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Sep 29, 2020.

?
  1. Force them to play Sunday with Titans not getting any practice and Steelers business as usual

10.6%
  2. Move all NFL games back a week

4.3%
  3. Rearrange schedule for Titans and Steelers to have a bye this week and play week 7

59.6%
  4. Cancel this game, Titans and Steelers have a 15 game season

4.3%
  5. Other

21.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

They did, but had we actually violated the no gathering rule, the “historic” punishment may have included that game as the Steelers are ticked off about the reschedule. For now though, looks like we just may forfeit the Bills.

2. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Yea, I guess what I'm saying is, that case didnt, but another single unexplained case is the reason we went from 0 back to 130ish.

Given that case is unexplained, theres every chance it was from something similar to the example I gave.

I dont want to get into it beyond this, just offering up the small country view, where we have access to a lot of detail given the minimal number of cases.

I understand your position too.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

Did you watch the video? They look a heck of a lot happier than we are right now. Business as usual.

Sweden has had 5800 deaths and has a population of 10million. No shut downs, no mandatory mask, schools and businesses remained open.

New York on the other hand has had 33,000 deaths with a population of 19.4 million. Three times more deaths on a per capita basis and NY still has everything shut down. So which was way was better?

The point is these lockdowns do very little to stop the spread, especially since the survival rate is 99.997% to 99.5% for people 70 and under. Simple math.

Here’s the chart on deaths in Sweden. Doesn’t look any worse to me and they didn’t ruin millions of lives by forcing people to shut down their businesses and put millions of people out of work.

It’s mind boggling to me how everyone doesn’t see this, it’s clear as glass. These lockdowns are counter productive. Too many people have become acquiesce.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Titansman1

That’s funny... I had just posted the same chart and then I saw your post. Simple mathematics.

We’ve learned to live with the flu, AIDS, and a number of other diseases without shutting the economy down with no end in site. It’s been 7 months already. Time for people to learn how live with this too without ruining any more businesses and lives.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

People who don’t mind shutting down business don’t have a business or livelihood that’s getting shut down.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

sweden covid deaths - 5,892
    norway covid deaths - 275(1/2 the population of sweden)
    finland covid deaths - 346 (1/2 the population of sweden)
    denmark covid deaths - 663 (1/2 the population of sweden)
    germany covid deaths - 9,566 (8x the population of sweden)
    poland covid deaths - 2,792 (4x the population of sweden)

WHAT GREAT SUCCESS SWEDEN HAD YOU ARE SO RIGHT

simple mathematics

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I’m saying if someone wants to change their way of measuring the “devastation” by using the deaths per million numbers on Sweden, but not any other country, it’s because the actual death toll is next to nothing, as shown by the picture.

8. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

And New Zealand deaths - 25 (Population 5m)

9. Titansman1

Nice try, but the problem is you can’t stay locked down forever so as soon as people do start going out and about again, it’s going to spread. No way to stop a virus from running it’s course.

Looks like Denmark new cases are starting to soar now that people are climbing out of their hole.

New Covid Cases Soar in Denmark, Surpassing No-Lockdown Sweden

Again, NY has been locked down for seven months, and has three times the deaths per capita than Sweden who didn’t lockdown at all. No talking sense to someone who can’t see the forest because of the trees.

By your thinking, from now on, anytime we have a disease where people might die, we’ll have to shut everything down and wreck our lives, businesses and economy. Real smart.

• Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  10. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

me me me memememe
    mem eme me me

also your article on denmark means nothing. they are now at 317 a day. they are only ahead of sweden because sweden is at their damn near lowest of 200 right now. sweden was averaging far over that per day since march

but i know actual facts mean nothing when discussing this with you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar