Multiple positive covid tests hit Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Sep 29, 2020.

?
  1. Force them to play Sunday with Titans not getting any practice and Steelers business as usual

10.6%
  2. Move all NFL games back a week

4.3%
  3. Rearrange schedule for Titans and Steelers to have a bye this week and play week 7

59.6%
  4. Cancel this game, Titans and Steelers have a 15 game season

4.3%
  5. Other

21.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

Eventually, yes. But it may take another year, potentially, to get a solid vaccination spread.

Some things just take time.

2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Well not for you. You’ll still be in a mask because you’ll still be well passed 0.0000000001% infective still, even if not for just COVID.

3. HurrayTitans!

Like herd immunity,

The damage done by closures has far surpassed what COVID would have done.

What I find more annoying, and to each their own, is the virtue signaling about giving a s**t about anyone else. This is the lie people tell themselves to justify the mask yet still not care about anyone negatively effected by the shutdown.
    And the over the top stupid comments like “if it helps even .0000000001%” yet probably never once wore a mask before COVID.

#413 HurrayTitans!, Oct 6, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 6
  4. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

Keep in mind with the Flu, most Americans do not even receive a flu shot. If I remember correctly, the statistic from year to year hovers from 40% to 50% getting the shot. Many other diseases once thought to be eradicated (small pox, measles) have made a comeback because people simply refuse to get vaccinated or have their children vaccinated. With a population of 7.5 billion individuals on this planet, herd immunity without a vaccine is pretty unrealistic.

I guess the question becomes, how many people would actually get a COVID vaccine, if a safe and effective one is discovered? I wouldn't be shocked if it is the same percentage as one who get a flu shot.

Honestly, I think COVID is here to stay and keeping all of these mandates in place indefinitely is unrealistic as our society will not accept that. I hope our society at the very least learns the lesson of having good hygiene and taking some personal responsibility when they think they've been exposed to something like the flu or COVID, and/or are feeling sick. As individuals we want choice but we never want to face the consequences as a result of that choice.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. HurrayTitans!

I can agree. I HOPE people will help take care of each other well passed just a virus. The same mentality for driving or just interacting among other people in general. Should NEVER be mandated and definitely not enforced by the govt.

You point out how unrealistic it is to keep COVID mandates in place because “society will not accept that”, but I think that’s selling short the many other reasons why it’s unrealistic.

6. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

There were other reasons why I though it was unrealistic (from all sides of the aisle), but I didn't want to type a novel :)

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

"Life, Uh, Finds a Way"

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

The way it sounds on 104.5, all of our Covid positive players are out for sunday? My question is then why is according to pro football talk, Cam Newton gets 2 negative tests in 2 days then he can play sunday? It is because he is A- symptomatic, but I find it odd that are not most of our guys A-symptomatic. Why our how can all of our guys be out when some off them have been out for a week or longer than Cam?

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

This is the first I’ve heard of this and wouldn’t make sense

10. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Here in NZ, save for 1 recent outbreak that resulted in 130 or so cases, we've pretty much beaten it. We got to 0 once, and are heading back that way (30-40ish at present, most have been imported and are in quarantine).

What this means is, when we do get a case, we get exact info and detail ont he source.

Why i mention all this is because recently one of our cases was a hotel maintenance worker (anyone landing in NZ is put into a hotel 2 weeks).

The maintenance worker was proven to have got the virus from accessing a lift that another positive case had been in. They were never in the lift at the same time.

It didn't, but that case could have blown up and set the whole thing off again, killing dozens - which for NZ is the equivalent of 000's in big countries.

So yeah, its not as simple as the 'stay at home, let others make a choice' argument.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar