Mularkey's Tuesday Transcript

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

Just wanted to give everybody a heads up that player execution needs to improve and that nothing is changing with the offense.

(on what running back Derrick Henry[​IMG] did well and what he needs to improve on)

I think he'd like to have some of those carries back where he lost some yardage by going sideline to sideline. (If you are the defense) that's what you want backs to do, you want them to be running that way. For his size, I think he hits some of those holes a little firmer. That's a young back, the experience will help him do that, but I know he'd like to have some of those negative plays that we've had (back).

(on what his conversation about using his legs with quarterback Marcus Mariota[​IMG] is like)

We're at that point right now when every man needs to do whatever he can, whatever it takes, to make this thing go. It was good to see what he did the other night. Obviously, it helped us win the football game. I think it helped him gain a little confidence too that he can do more.

(on if more risk leads to more reward in the playoffs in terms of Marcus Mariota running more)

I don't know if it's risk, it's a way to attack. I don't see it as a risk. I think we've done a really good job of the way we've schemed some things with him. Again, I've seen him get hurt more standing in the pocket. We can't go into the game going, 'He can't throw it,' worrying about him getting hit.

(on if he feels like they're getting any closer to where they want to be)

Yeah, we're not changing whole week-to-week, we're doing a lot of the same things. It's execution, defensively they've beaten us, they've had a better call than we have. We're not going to change something we're really good at, we've just got to go back and improve on it.

(on if there is something that they can do up front to get more push in the running game)

Eliminate the number of bodies that are up there. There's a lot, there's a bunch of guys up there, a bunch of big guys. I anticipate that again this week. We've just got to stick with it.

(on if they can throw over the top to back it up to get more push in the run game)

We always do. You've seen us.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Player execution DOES need to improve and if they were changing anything in the least, it's not like they are going to come out and say it in a Tuesday press conference before a playoff game. "Yep! We are making complete changes and let me tell you what they are."
    Lol

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Thanks for the clarification

4. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

:boo::puke:

5. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

GOD BLESS MIKE MULARKEY

SUPERBOWL

6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Spot on lol

7. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Thanks for posting.

(on if he feels like they're getting any closer to where they want to be)
    Yeah, we're not changing whole week-to-week, we're doing a lot of the same things. It's execution, defensively they've beaten us, they've had a better call than we have. We're not going to change something we're really good at, we've just got to go back and improve on it.

Not changing much? What the hell is he seeing that it seems EVERYONE else is missing.

(on if there is something that they can do up front to get more push in the running game)
    Eliminate the number of bodies that are up there. There's a lot, there's a bunch of guys up there, a bunch of big guys. I anticipate that again this week. We've just got to stick with it.

There's a bunch of guys up there? No s**t. They know when we're going to run. Even worse, he doesn't seem to have any issue with running directly at the defensive side that has more defenders than blockers. Also loves to bring the DB/safeties in too by bringing the WR in next to the line.

(on if they can throw over the top to back it up to get more push in the run game)
    We always do. You've seen us.
    Always? I haven't seen a whole lot of this and it seems other teams haven't seen enough to back off.

Does Mularkey have CTE?

8. MsgBoardJesus

MsgBoardJesus Starter

Cool story bro.

9. MsgBoardJesus

MsgBoardJesus Starter

Nope. This generic coach-speak is clearly proof that Mularkey doesn’t know what he’s doing and has lost the locker room.

10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

He hasn’t a friggin clue...I didn’t see a ton of guys hype and surrounding him happily in the locker room Victory speech. Were They pissed? No...but they weren’t singing his praises, that’s for damn sure. This guy is an idiot. Weeks and weeks of the same sputtering offense, and no balls to fix it. At this point, I blame him, not Robiskie. This is your team guy, and you’re supposed to be an offense mind...Where They hell you been and when are you taking over?!

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar