Rumor Mularkey offered extension

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Jan 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

I've supported this team from the beginning back in the AFL days. I been there for the good and bad days of the Oilers as well as the Titans. I get the frustration, but never give up on your team. If we can get a good OC to go with our good DC, and MM manages them but gives them the freedom to call the plays, we will be OK. Couple that with JR's ability to find talent, we are on the right path. Remember how bad we were. Things are getting better.

2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Remember how bad we were for two years, 25% of that was under mularkey!!!

Lol that always makes me laugh. We weren’t bad we just stumbled

3. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

remember the last time we won a playoff game before this?

15 YEARS AGO

4. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

With 12 minutes left in the 1st half, Brees, who has thrown for around 50,000 yards, had 3 yards passing. Football is all about adapting. M8 is not there yet. Because one guy made a stupid mistake and couldn't tackle, there are people calling for the coach to be fired. Amazing mentality, considering he won a SB. Most of us aren't coaches, and can't break down tape, but Romo pointed out several times where M8 could have and should have thrown but didn't. Instead he took sacks. I suggest we get a competent QB, then if we can't win we address the coaching. We can't win with another VY that runs instead of throws. Fun to watch, but not productive nor sensible for longetiviy. Any coach would look bad when a player can't execute. The other side of the coin is a coach that can put in schemes where a QB can be productive. Not sure if that is the case, but I suspect M8 has more time to throw than most any QB in the NFL.

5. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Yup.

And still, the last time we EARNED a playoff spot was 15 years ago

Nothing’s changed besides we’re regressing

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

At this point the "rumor" is no longer as rumor, having being reported on NFL Radio news updates....

I love Nashville...loved it when I moved to the area in 1995, hated to leave in 2001, and have planned to return since then (planning to get back there in 1-2 years). I was a Warren Moon fan so followed the Oilers, but became a die hard Tennessee fan when they moved here. As such I plan to remain a fan here.

That said, the ownership makes this very tough. I agree that this ownership group has been tone deaf to its fan base dating back to its time in Houston. This crap with Mularkey is just the latest of decades of examples.

I will continue to be a fan, but like several others have said, my enthusiasm level will remain much lower until I see a light at the end of the tunnel here. Ultimately, IMO the only way we get through this continuous loop of mediocrity/tease/embarrassment/rinse/repeat is to undergo a change in ownership, which very well may never happen with this franchise.

Just a depressing sequence of events...and just REALLY hope that strings are attached to this extension offer.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

see ya

fake fan

[​IMG]

8. RTH

RTH Meh...

WELCOME BACK!

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Titan Bill

Titan Bill Titan Branded 4 Life Tip Jar Donor

I am not happy with this move, but understand it from a business point of view. As an old Oilers fan I am not sure how many years I have left to wait on a championship. Plus being stuck between Giants and New England country I have grown so weary of being "Patronized". "Gee Bill your team made a big improvement you should be happy..."

Hopefully Mularkey updates the staff.

Also, why is LeBeau getting a pass in all of this? After we faced the Steelers I posted that as soon as they abandoned the run the game was a blow out. Same against the Pats. For some crazy reason the Patriots started the game run heavy. But as soon as Brady took over it was a rout.

Perhaps the fact that we run a ball control offense (keeping this D off the field) masked a lot of weakness all year. Just a thought anyway,

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

He's GONE! Rejoice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar