Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Lol my problem was that I couldn't take Aries threatening because of how cheesy he was. Even when the actor had the Aries armor on, I never was like "oh sh*t, it's Aries!" Instead, I just saw him as some old man with CGI lightning coming out of his hands.

2. GeronimoJackson

The thing they did right with Wonder Woman was not over-sexualize her and they never turn it into a lame propaganda movie just because it had a strong female as the lead by making the men co-stars incompetent. I never got the vibe that they were trying to shove it down our throat that Wonder Woman is a strong female, instead I just took her as a badazz that just happened to be female. During the No Man's Land scene when Chris Pine tells her no man can't cross, I was getting ready to facepalm while waiting for her to say "I am no man!" I'm glad they didn't give her that line that everyone was expecting lol.

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I would think that having him morph into a buff and superchiseled old Greek guy would be evn more ridiculous.

4. GeronimoJackson

It’s not that, I just thought it was a miscast. And the whole twist was anticlimactic since he was barely in the movie.

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Oh c'mon, man...it's not like he's the Green Goblin or something with a concrete origin story...the entire backdrop of the film was his handiwork. The entire point was that he was so invisible as to have the world believe that he doesn't even exist. For me, that was much better than Dane Dehaan stumbling into a glider suit, or Arnold S turning into a dude who loves cold weather, etc. Here, we begin with the setup that the Greek mythology is actually non-fiction though the world outside of Themiscara doesn't know that.
    Btw, in HP Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos he has sortof a doppleganger in the form of Nyarlathotep.

6. GeronimoJackson

Every great superhero movie had a memorable super villain, which Wonder Woman did not.

7. RTH

RTH Meh...

One of the few things that kept it from being great, in my opinion.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Doc

Doc Pro Bowler

that and the piss poor acting.

9. GeronimoJackson

Exactly, Wonder Woman was still good but like you said, a lack of a great villain kept it from being great. Gal Gadot killed it as Wonder Woman, she looked like she walked out of a comic book during the No Man’s Land scene. Even the little lighthearted moments were done well, like when they paid homage to the Justice League cartoon by having Diana eat ice cream for the first time.

10. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

How they making joker origin movie with a 60 year old actor though

Is the joker some old ass dude?

Batman’s main villain just some senile old man?

Wtf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar