Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by Puck, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Andre the Giant doc on HBO is pretty solid. Really made me feel bad for the guy. I never considered how difficult it must be going through life being that massive.

2. Doc

Doc Pro Bowler

I just watched that on Friday. Dude was amazing. I too never thought about life through his eyes and how difficult even riding in a car was.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I caught that on the plane

I liked it a little

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

SW: The Last Jedi

It wasn't bad. It wasn't great. It was just another Star Wars movie. I think I'm at a point where I just don't care about this franchise anymore. Force Awakens didn't live up to the hype for me. I still haven't even seen Rogue One. And if I'm being honest, the original trilogy is very overrated outside of Empire.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Oblivion: I have started this movie probably 5 to 10 times but never stayed still to watch all of it. I did so last night and I have to say it was an enjoyable movie. It didn't get great scores from RT but I felt that it was better. Tom Cruise and Morgan Freeman did a great job, but the person who stole the show was Andrea Riseborough...Jesus, I busted a nut when she was in that see through gown. My God, British redheads are amazing. So back on track, the movie was well written and the CGI was wonderful simply from the fact that it wasn't to much. I will definitely watch this movie in its entirety again.

Let me ask you; are you an effective team? (weird little niche to the movie)

6. Aqutis30

They lost me at the Leia "Mary Poppins" scene.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah that was pretty stupid.

A big problem I have with these new movies is I just don't find Finn or Rey interesting in the slightest. Even Kylo Ren is only mildly interesting. I wish they had taken their time more with this series. And I get Disney is trying to milk it for all its worth and get their money's worth. But it would've been cooler if they weren't pumping these films out at such an absurd rate. Star Wars should be a rare spectacle, not a yearly event. It's kinda killing the prestige of the whole deal imo.

8. 8and8

8and8 Starter

I haven’t seen the new one yet. Rogue One was much better than TFA but these Disney ones just aren’t all that great.

I honestly haven’t been that impressed with the series as a whole. Empire was great and I actually really enjoyed The Phantom Menace but I think that was because of my age and the excitement of another trilogy. I literally fell asleep in the theater watching episode 2 though.

These new ones feel like they are just too obvious of a cash grab for Disney.

9. Aqutis30

I agree, the Star Wars universe has become kind of a circus event instead of a great story. I am also with you about Rey and Finn, they are aren't very enjoyable to watch. The new Star Wars other than Rogue One has been a complete **** show.

10. Aqutis30

People make fun of the 1-3 because of Jar Jar Binks and Christian Haydensen's crying and over acting. I loved them though because the story is really good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar