Most likely choice for QB2?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 2, 2019.

?
  1. Bridgewater

11.6%
  2. Foles

5.8%
  3. Taylor

30.4%
  4. Fitzpatrick

1.4%
  5. Siemian

5.8%
  6. Osweiler

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. McCown

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Draft pick

17.4%
  9. Gabbert

27.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I’d prefer Fitz, mccown or glennon but I’m still sticking with my most likely candidate, yo gabba gabbert.

2. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

. Hate that list of options.

3. HurrayTitans!

Hate that our starter can’t play 16 games and make this decision void.

4. trydes12

trydes12 Starter

I have I think the best solution to this problem... sign a vet? nope. Over spend a bit on a reliable back up? nope. Draft a qb? yes, but that'll be QB3. Solution?

Trade for either CJ Beathard (from Franklin, TN) or Nick Mullens.

Their value isn't high and showed they can come in and produce. Worth giving up a 5th rounder in my opinion. Niners I believe would trade one if offered. They sure don't need 3 stout qbs..

5. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

Yeah he gets hurt but every team needs a solid number 2 . Chit happens.

6. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

I don’t know guys but that’s better than knowing somebody sucks .

7. HurrayTitans!

16 QBs started all 16 games last season.
    Big Ben, Luck, Cousins, Ryan, Mahomes, Carr, Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Stafford, Keenum, Goff, Prescott, Rivers, Watson and Wilson. Brees was sat for a game.

Their backups: Dobbs, Brissett, Schaub, Henne, McCarron, Lauletta, Hoyer, Kizer, Cassel, Chad Kelly, Mannion, Cooper Rush, Geno Smith, Weeden/Webb, and Hundley.

I get it that a backup is an insurance policy but clearly not every team needs one nor does every team even make the effort of bothering.
    I had to look on multiple sights to even figure out who the backup was in Dallas and Denver last season.

Point is, chit does happen. It seems to happen every year for our guy which means backup must be considered as a higher priority and value than around half of the league.

I’d also point out, LAR-SB, NE-SB, KC-conf champ, NO-conf champ, LAC-playoffs, Dal-playoffs, Hou-playoff, Ind- playoff.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Great post.....if your starting QB stays healthy it improves your chances of making the playoffs.....so if MM once again misses time this year then it is time to move on...no way do I give a guy who is continually injured a long term QB contract....I really really really want Marcus to stay healthy because I like him, but I want to see the Titans become playoff participants on a regular basis and that just isn't possible if your starting QB misses games every year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I cant see us trading to get a guy. We watched as Flacco and Keenum were traded for nothing. SF isnt giving us Mullens unless we way overpay. IMO

If we do anything at all it'll likely be sign a guy off the street. Osweiler prob the best we will get.

10. titanman1987

titanman1987 Starter

Beathard would compete for the starting QB spot. I agree. He had a better year as far as passing yards compared to Mary and the amount of games he started.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar