More Help Needed For Hasselbeck At WR Position

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

See, the thing about Matt Hasselbeck is; he's comfortable with no name receivers. He went to a Super Bowl with a bunch of no name receivers in 2005. It's having a stud like Britt that got him in some trouble week-1. Having Kenny made him c0cky, and forcing throws that lead to interceptions.

I'd say we're good how we are right now. In 2005 all Hasselbeck had was Steve Hutchinson and Walter Jones, which is about what we have now in Roos and Stewart. Add a Pro Bowl RB, like the one he had (Alexander) and the one we have (Johnson), and we fine.

It also helps that our defense is not allowing teams to score, so Matt doesn't have to show up and throw for 4 TD's, he can do what he's always done.

2. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

He also sucks at counting.

• High Five High Five x 6
  4. JCBRAVE

I just realized something. In 2005 when Matt Hasselbeck went to the Super Bowl, he lost to the Jaguars week-1. He then went on to win the next 13 of 15 games.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

haha just realized that.

And I thought it may have been a joke- I'm just too accustomed to the crazy ideas people here have.

As they tell me- since no one knows when I'm being light hearted (half the time) - you have to use smilies!! Yeah!

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I wish. It sounds like Coach Munchak doesn't have him on the radar. I guess Woody really was Randy afterall. Must not like how he dogged Fisher.

7. GeronimoJackson

Fisher has cursed us all. Britt hurt, Scaife hurt, CJ sucking, Moss MIA... what do they all have in common...

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. GeronimoJackson

^ Wait, didn't Tulloch support VY on twitter? Expect to hear a breaking story on ESPN about him getting kidnapped within the next week.

9. JCBRAVE

You guys hear about the Vince Young imposter?

10. GeronimoJackson

There's no one else to sign. Unless we bring back Moss (and I'm not sure if he is even an upgrade at this point), there's nothing left to do at the WR spot but just go with the guys we have now.

Here's how Hasselbeck can get his help:

1. Need to use CJ in the screen game more

2. Cook needs to play WR more

A rotation of Nate, Avery, Cook, Hawkins, D-Will isn't going to upgrade by adding anyone else... except maybe Moss, even if he's lost more than a step, he can still be very useful as a jumpball guy when we get inside the 10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar