Monday Morning QB: Colts @ Titans Grades

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Most of the 69,000+ fans at LP Field were thinking the same thing as the Titans received the ball on their own 20 with 1:37 left, down by two with one timeout -- Vince will take the team on his shoulders and win it.

But it wasn't to be as Brandon Jones dropped a 10-yard pass which would have given the Titans the ball on the 37 and a chance for Rob Bironas to repeat his heroics of last season kicking the game winner.

To beat the best, you have to play nearly flawless football and the Titans made too many costly errors on the way to a 22-20 loss.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I agree with all the grades except QB. I think vince had an A game.. How can we ask more from the guy? A 95 passing rating and almost 50 yards rushing..

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Agree with most everything. I wish Chow got VY out of the pocket by design a few more times to keep Sanders a little more honest.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Young took too many coverage sacks and missed a few wide open receivers. The penalty was inexcusable. We give that an "A"?

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I agree that the penalty should have a large effect on his grade. But without it, I'd give him a solid B, maybe B+.

6. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

B+ For Vince! He should have controlled his butt on the sidelines that 15 yd penalty killed the rally we had going. Oh well he will learn, Defense looked good as always, David Thornton got a little behind Dallas Clark and, he got the touchdown but oh well i bet that won't happen again next time. Go Titans!!

7. plato

plato Camp Fodder

Our RB's averaged 3.6 yards per carry and get a B-....

Vince has a 95 rating and averages 10.2 yards a carry and get's a C..

Looking at those grades against the best team in football and you would assume they beat us by 30 points..

8. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

VY gets a solid B from me. He had a good game, but he had to have a great game to win.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Plato,

the backs had a poor combined average because there was no room to run. That's on the o-line since based on last week we know for a fact they can create big yardage when the blocking is there..

Note that 3.6 yards per carry is similar to eddie george's career average.

10. zackmann

zackmann Guest

Vince was better than average, IMO...I'd give him a grade in the 'B' range...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar