Mike Vrabel - Coach of the Year

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tricky, Nov 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Yep. Both of our losses have a lot of key guys not playing. Not saying that excuses anything at all but we’ve seen Tennessee do this before. Derrick Henry vs the Saints a few years ago. Wouldn’t surprise me if they are just trying to get to the bye week and then get rolling once everyone is back.

Not saying they don’t want to win because I think they do but we have so many guys hurt. Gotta give them time when you can.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Unpreparedness = Lack of focus and execution.

3. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

And only the offense was unprepared? Lol

Not buying it.

4. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

I blame Tammy’s small girl hands…

5. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

No way. We lost because Vrabel didn’t tell Tannehill Desmond King wasn’t on the Titans anymore.

What kind of HC doesn’t even tell his QB that information before the game? Very clearly Mike Vrabel‘s fault.

• LOL LOL x 2
  6. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

As damaged as we are, are you positive he had anyone else to put back there? Do you put a freshly activated PS player back there who have never fielded punts simply because of one mistake.

And to a point.... that was the oddest thing I have ever seen on a punt. That ball hit his ankle and stuck in the ground right there like it was a 50 pound weight. No bounce, no movement, nothing just stopped right there.

7. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Don’t know, it’s not my job to know who else can field a punt. Vrabel should’ve sent a message though, because that’s unacceptable. Period.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Not sure why we have to have revised history all the time discussing a game.
    For starters the defense gave up a whopping 107 yards passing to Taylor. The running backs for the Texans had a 2.0 YPC average. Taylor did score two TDs where we let him out of the pocket but the defense was solid.

On the flip side Tannehill threw for over 300 yards. Unfortunately he had 4 ints. I guess in hindsight we should have had a few more dump offs but seems more like the QB needs to make better decisions with the ball. We also had pretty good success running the ball except for the bonehead dive into 11 guys on 4th down. Of all the times we should have play actioned and tossed a short pass there it was. Westbrook had over 100 yards receiving. It was more Tannehill throwing into single coverage when they were playing zone IMO.

And despite all that the game might have come down to that silly punt Rogers didn't get away from. That put us down 19-0 and pretty well forced the offense to be more open. The crazy, and stupid decision to run that play at the end of the half might have cost us 3 points. Oh, we had plenty of quick passes to the backs and TEs. I guess the 50 yard pass to Westbrook should have been a dump off instead?

Oh, two ints came when we were trying to drive late in the game.

9. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

The freak punt fumble was the game. If not for that play the Titans had momentum and probably drive down the field and score. Different outcome,

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

You're right. I hope we have as solid an effort as that every week moving forward.

:sarcasm:

The Titans came out flat. They went three and out and then allowed the Texans to go down the field for a 14-play scoring drive. That was the second longest opening drive the Texans have had all season and only the third they've been able to score on.

The Titans were 1/5 on third down and 0/1 on fourth most for the first half.

You going to credit the Texans for this or realize the Titans came out FLAAAAAT?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar