Mike Munchak Performance As Head Coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Oct 24, 2011.

?
  1. Yes pretty much satisfied with how he has done

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  2. No i'm not real satisfied with how he has done

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  3. Not really sure at this point

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Are you as a fan of this football team satisfied through six games with Mike Munchak's performance so far?

Explain how you feel about his job performance at this point.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

You probably picked a bad week to start this thread...

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

^ that plus there is at least one other thread concerning Munchak

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I've already said how I feel in another thread. Basically, yeah I'm disappointed. But at the same time I understand he's only been at this for a couple months and most new head coaches need an adjustment period. I wasn't crazy about the hire but what's done is done and I feel like he deserves at least two seasons to show us what he can do.

I just hope to god he's his own man instead of the Fisher clone he's looking like right now.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Added a poll to gauge how everyone feels at this point.He started off pretty good and we beat Baltimore.Seems like he was willing to take chances on third and fourth down and not be so conservative.But when things are falling apart and he turns a blind eye or just seems to think things will end up working out then that really worries me.

I'm also hoping he doesn't turn into Fisher 2.0

After what happened at Pittsburgh and Houston we have now been blown out two games in a row and it looks like the whole thing is going to blow up so i do hope Munchak isn't just sitting back thinking it will just get better.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Exactly. For example, I have no doubt in my mind we would not have won that game against the Ravens so convincingly if Fisher were still the HC (if we even won it at all). But at the same time, as you say he's seemingly turning a blind eye to major problems with personnel and game-planning/preparation a la Fishface. Very concerning.

7. pettso

pettso Starter

The blind eye to major personnel issues is killing me right now.

To be fair though, 3-3 at this point is what I expected at the start of the season. The only reason I'm really disappointed is due to the fact we played a few solid games to prime expectations.

8. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Not really sure at this point. I think he had his ups and downs so far.

9. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

I personally think he's doing well. We're 3-3. On pace for 8-8. I'd considr that a success considering we were 6-10 last year, and lost major pieces on defense.

I think the problem with Titans fans...

Actually F that I think the problem with all fans of an NFL team is they like to think their team has the talent to go to the superbowl every year. And then when they don't, it's either the coaches fault, the QB's fault, a player's fault, an owner's fault.

It's nobody's fault, it's just that there are a handful of teams that are contenders. We aren't one of them.

We have NO stars on defense. ZERO. It's not one of those defenses where there are a lot of holes, nobody's particularly bad... but nobody's particularly good either.

Our stars on offense are either hurt or didn't show up this year. Kenny's out. CJ's hurt. I have high hopes for Williams, Avery, Locker, Cook, and Harper... But they're all young. Can't expect too much from them now right now. Locker and Harper aren't even playing.

And the O-line leaves a lot to be desired.

On top of that people here like to think Hasselbeck is Jesus Christ. I think it's because it's been so long since we've seen a legit QB. Really since McNair. And Hasselbeck is just that, a legit QB. But he's not Tom Brady/Peyton Manning/Aaron Rodgers..... He's the kind of QB that needs the right pieces around him, and we don't have them.

If we're still a .500 team after two more drafts and our young guys have a few more years under their belt, then yeah I'm concerned. But to go .500 in your first year as head coach with a new QB your two best players out (CJ's basically out, he's not the same dude he was) and a bad defense.... That's fine. No worries Munch.

10. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

That still does not excuse a performance like the one against the Texans. I don't expect the Titans to go to the SB this year. I don't even expect them to go to the playoffs. But that loss to Houston was flat out embarrassing. There is no sugarcoating it. As a team the Titans should be embarrassed. If they would have gone down fighting this would not be so bad. But they did not show up for this game period. And the least thing they own the fans is to show up and fight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar