Mike Heimderdinger says Javon Ringers running ability is really good.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Jun 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Titans offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger feels that if there’s any silver lining to Chris Johnson’s continued absence during offseason workouts, it’s been the increased repetitions for second-year back Javon Ringer.
    Ringer saw action in seven games last season, but carried just eight times for 48 yards. He didn’t catch any passes.

``I think this has been really good for Javon,’’ Heimderdinger said Monday, at the Titans Charity Golf Classic at Hillwood Country Club. ``Javon had like his redshirt year (as a rookie). He carried the ball a lot of times in college. His running ability is really good.

``(But) this has been really good for him to learn the passing game, and if there’s one thing Javon was behind on last year, it was the passing game and protection. That took a little time and he didn’t have much background in that and what they did up there (at Michigan State). So this has been good for him to learn what we want from him and the protections and all that.’’

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2010/06/21/ringer-benefits-from-increased-work/

Im pulling for Ringer! His heart is in the game.

2. AllDaWay

AllDaWay Camp Fodder

Hopefully he ends up being a legit number two back. Definitely looks good so far.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Hopefully he's prepared to become a legit #1 back...

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Hard to take these comments at face value. Could just be aimed at making CJ get jealous and want to end his holdout.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

If he keeps that ypc average, losing CJ won't be a bad thing. ;)

I'm a fan of Ringer, and I think he's got serious potential in this league. Definitely happier with him as our #2 than LenDale.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Well one of those runs were for 32 yards...so that pads the stats.

But hey, that's what CJ does and no one complains.

7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I like Ringer, I wouldn't be too bummed if we had to start him.

8. aws090883

aws090883 Camp Fodder

id like to see ringer and blount be the 2 and 3.if would be a great tandem once cj comes to play.this is gunna be a GREAT preseason.there tons of competiton everywhere its gunna be like a playoff game for alot of players.

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Ditto.

Lot to like about Ringer but anything we hear at this point means jack.

Doesn't matter how good he is we never know if they'll give him any real playing time come the season.

Blount looks and sounds like a stud from what little we've heard about him.

He's a low level rookie though which usually means 4 years on the bench and then sayonara baby.

I truly hope good things for both players but I don't trust what fluff the coaches feed us in the oof season.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Lol just now noticed that the title says Heimderdinger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar