Michael Vick, Eagles Agree to New Six-Year, $100 Million Contract

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Aug 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

True. The Titans aren't going to trade to trade CJ though. I also believe Vick's deal will have no impact on CJ's deal. CJ will not have a choice but to accept the Titans offer and the point at which CJ will give in is fast approaching.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Did you miss the part where CJ asked to get paid like the top "playmakers" and not the top running backs? It is absolutely relevant.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I wouldn't put it past CJ and Segal to try to make it a part of the conversations. But they're morons if they think they can use a top 5 QB's contract as any kind of legitimate reference point in CJ's negotiations.

They're both elite players. But like I said, Vick plays the most important position on the field. CJ is just a running back. If Vick's contract is brought up in any more than a casual, passing manner I expect Reinfeldt would laugh in their face. As he should.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

And did you miss the part where the Titans clearly are not going to pay him as such (or else a deal would've already been done)?

EDIT: Let me rephrase, Vick's deal may certainly be relevant to the "discussion" (coming from CJ's side). But it will not be relevant to the offer the Titans make. What CJ wants and what the Titans are willing to offer are two totally different things.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It's relevant to whether CJ will swallow his pride and sign a contract for significantly less than he's seeing other players get. That's all that matters. Of course it isn't relevant to what the Titans want to pay.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Okay, I'll agree with you there. But if CJ wants to reject a huge contract just because its "significantly less" than what a top 5 quarterback got then that's just sheer stupidity and unbelievable ego on his part.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

That's a lot of scratch for a guy who's gonna lose his job to Vince Young in six weeks!

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Idiots. Vick is only going to be good for two more seasons (same situation as CJ).

He won't win a Super Bowl and they'll just go one and done again this year if they even make it to the playoffs with their sorry o-line, linebackers, and safeties.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

exactly..i bet if we sign cj to a big deal for like 4 or 5 years....we wil end up cutting him from harper or ringer or another rb we draft will be better than him and he will just want more money or something dumb like that

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

It is almost guaranteed that CJ's contract will have escalators that mean he'll be dumped by the team in a few short years.
    How many RBs hit paydirt a second or third time?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar