Miami Officially Tags Landry

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chronos, Feb 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

god if davis goes down (again) we are ****ed lol

2. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

It's been a year since, but I seem to recall watching a fair bit of college tape on Davis and he was a monster with YAC and taking quick short passes to the house. He's fast so he can hopefully be a deep guy as well, I honestly feel he's well rounded and will be an excellent WR1. I feel many overlook this because he was hurt last year, a rookie, and in an awful offense that isn't setup for WR's to be successful.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Im not arguing we dont need another WR, but are we just suppose to throw short routes all game?

What about adding a WR who can chase down the long ball and back safetys up so we have room to run? That would be nice.

Davis is great underneath and will continue developing his longer routes, so we need a guy who can replace what Decker was doing which is stretching the field to create passing lanes. Thats not Jarvis Landry.

IMO all Landry does for the Titans is clog up the 0-10 yard space. This guy is an extension of the run game, he's not much or a WR.

BUT I get it, we need talent at WR and everyone likes the leagues leader in catches, even if he only gets you 8 yards each time, and runs 2-3 routes.

This is why you dont want Landry for the $12M/yr, just way too much of this

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and not enough of this
    [​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Isn't Matthews the "stretch the field" guy?

Nothing wrong with bringing in Richardson to help that either.

I'm still on the "don't need him" camp, but he should be substantially cheaper and as you pointed out, stretch the field more than Landry.

Honestly, this is where Martavious Bryant, Sammy Coates, does Torrie Smith have anything left?, come into play, run a deep pass every play.
    Justin hunter could come back.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Matthews stretches the field, but hes on the last year of his contract and is kind of sluggish. Waiting for Matthews to hit the mesh point could hake too long at times.

Sluggish and stretch the field dont usually work, burner and stretch the field works, thats not Matthews or Landry. Thats Robinson and Richardson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar