Message to Bud - Retire Number 9

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Jul 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

Maybe we could do something like the bears did for Walter....

Instead of the 10 yard line we could mark it as the 9 yard line...

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I want a bronze statue of the legend inside the stadium, that is seriously how much he means to me and to the organization.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I couldnt agree with you more. We should go ahead and officially retire Eddie and Frank's number as well.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we cant retire every good player's number. for a player's number to be retired he should have done something extraordinary or meant everything to the organization. frank was a good player, but he was replaceable. as much as i loved eddie, he was a perfect fit for what we did but probably would have been a lesser player on a different team.

mcnair, on the other hand, is in the same category as john elway and steve young as far as career passing/rushing yards for a qb.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm sure he's upset, but he takes his emotions too far. Did you see him when Willis McGahee went down??? He was hardcore praying... nothing wrong with prayer, but he made sure he one-upped everyone else. He drew the attention from the camera. Hell, that's exactly what he wanted. After his trouble with the law, he's done everything he possibly can to make himself look better than he truly is. Maybe he's really a great guy, but I know he does a good bit of faking.

I do. He was with this organization for 11 years. He was our foundation. You better believe we will show more respect than any other organization.

I just hope the Ravens wait for us to make a move before they do.

6. timmay143

timmay143 Camp Fodder

Agree. I definitely think his number should be retired soon. I also like the ideas of stitching the number 9 on the jerseys and replacing the ten yard line with number 9! The season should be dedicated to Steve McNair and number 9!!

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Retiring numbers is a stupid tradition, when there are limited numbers to go around. I understand in this case though. I think the avoidance of 85, 89, 27, has been a little much though. You should be HOF status to get your number retired. It's an honor as a player, I would imagine, to wear a former great's number.

It's easier to reitre a QB number, because they're never all filled. Ever.

If the Steelers, Packers, all of the teams with winning traditions were as trigger happy with number retiring as we (at least as fans) are, they wouldn't have any left.

8. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I see your point. As there are only ninety-nine numbers to choose from. :rolleyes:

I could see a scenario how 'all" ninety-nine would get retired. :rolleyes:

Just retired the numbers of the greatest/most important players to play for the organization.

And, this one's tough to argue.

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

74, 1, and 9....

and go ahead and get rid of 32 while you're at it.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'm not arguing this one. I'm arguing Wycheck, George, Mason.

It;s less of an issue now, since they let receivers wear the teens. But if you had two retired WR numbers, you could be in some trouble, hypothetically.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar