Mel Kiper's Grade A Mock Draft for the Titans

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Fry, Apr 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I agree with taking the best player available, but this has nothing to do with taking two WRs and two OTs that early.

If the best player available was a WR every time we were on the clock, should we take one every time?

2. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

I am hoping that the titans can avoid taking any "marquee" players and look for guys that can fill fundamental roles either at linebacker, offensive line and secondary.

Really, I'd ultimately like to spend the first 4 picks maybe on a right guard and 3 defensive players, linebacker, fs, and cb.

3. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

I know alot of people hate WalterFootball but his site has great scouting reports and is a ton of help when trying to do my own research.

His mock today is actually one i wouldnt mind.
    As far as Kiper goes... He can lick a butthole.

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Not a shabby draft at all. I like Correa under Lebeau...I also share his thoughts on Wright as well

• Troll Troll x 1
  5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Oh, and I also think we are sleeping on us taking a TE as well. I could see J rob do this. He knows how important it is for a young QB to have a go to...If Walker stays healthy or goes down, we need that depth with a receiving capable tight end that can block when needed. Stevens will be the run down and goal line extra blocking help

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. RavensShallBurn

I agree... He's really not THAT bad. I like his stuff over Kiper and McShay, but that's not exactly saying much.

I did like his mock for us the other day.

In my head as soon as we did the trade, I was thinking:

15: Conklin
    33: Alexander
    43: Shepard
    45: J. Smith

He had something very similar... I think Decker/Stanley + Alexander + Shepard. So in that instance, I liked his ideas for the most part.

I still stand by those first three, but I'd drop Smith a bit further because I have a hard time seeing anyone take him before the 3rd. But seriously... We have so many picks and we'll have to cut so many players anyways. He's worth the gamble. Just not sure where... And I think most teams will just assume everyone has him way down or off their boards. Day 3 is most likely.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. RavensShallBurn

Right guard? I know Warmack sucks, but RT is the glaring need for us right now.

If we take a guard at 15, I'd be in that same Jake Locker disgust mode.

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Yeah I think he meant RT...had to. Lol

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I'd be ecstatic with...

15: Apple
    33: Billings/Nkemdiche
    43: Spriggs
    45: Vonn Bell

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

Yeah, messed up on that.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar