McDaniels to Colts per Ian Rapport

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan1207, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tricky

Tricky Starter

They may be offering more personell deciding powers in Indy, which would be great. Let him ship off Hilton like he did Marshall.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Maybe. Rare to see "bridge burners" come around.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Indy has a good GM now

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

maybe.. Colts fans have hope, but too early to tell. He did bring in Simon and a few good defensive players though. Next few drafts will tell a lot about him.

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Well at least we won't have the "cheaters" stench following this team :D

Guess the Colts can have it now.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

There seem to be a lot of assumptions by people on this site when it comes to Josh McDaniels.

Assumption 1: That McDaniels is the Titans unquestioned first choice of the Titans. We do not know that though.

Assumption 2: Josh McDaniels is destined to be a great head coach and he would be the unquestioned first choice of any NFL team as head coach. The reality though is McDaniels was a horrible failure as a head coach.

Assumption 3: McDaniels has learned from his mistakes and learned how to be a great head coach by being with the Patriots. We do not really know that for sure. We do know that McDaniels only other non-Belichik job was also a failure. Also, the Belichik coaching tree is far from impressive. Denis Green has a more impressive coaching tree than Bill Belichik.

I am not neccesarily opposed to Josh McDaniles. I just refuse to drink the McDaniels Kool-aid.

• High Five High Five x 7
  7. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Hopefully he still sucks.

I don't understand why he'd want this job. Everyone knows how good Luck is when healthy, and they had 3 consecutive 11 win seasons and went to the AFC championship game before he was inured consistently. It seems that anything short of getting to the SB within his first few years will be chalked up to another proven QB carrying him.

On the flip side, many people have written Mariota off and have forgotten any potential that he has shown before, and outsiders are blasting us for getting rid of a coach who won a Wild Card game by 1 point. It just seems like he'd prove his worth more here, assuming the GM even wanted him.

8. apathaeticTN

apathaeticTN Starter

well indy can tell others to stand down all they want until they have a contract signed talks will always exist. I think he's matured and learned the belichick way and will no doubt be successful. We won't really know anything until the Patriots are out of the tournament i agree he is most likely going to Indy but he could be just waiting it for salary/comp reasons- he knows there are many teams needing a coach

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar