Matt Jones?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansDores, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I could totally see that coming from JF.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I agree with LANGSTER. I think this means Hawkins is done. If Washington is as close as he supposedly is to returning (say, within a month) then why bring in a guy like Jones if everyone else is doing well?

Gage
    Washington
    Britt
    Edison
    Matt Jones
    Mark Jones...for now, since we got no clear returner.

One thing's for sure. We're going to have some big boys at receiver.

And why by Thursday? Perhaps they want to sign him ASAP and have him play in the Green Bay game?

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Simple, cuz he'd be number 3 or 4 on that list, not number 5. Its a real no lose situation, sign him to a short deal for cheap with major emphasis on no misconduct. If he does well the hooray, if not then he's just another Titan receiver on the chopping block.

Matt Jones is not a bad player though, never has been bad, he averaged 40 catches a season, 13 ypc, and a TD every ten grabs. If he could improve then I think he could be decent for us. He just caught a bad rap because of his drug charges. If he can keep it together, he'll be aight for us

4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

hawk stays, jones goes, ringer and chen(Jeff likes him too much on special teams, and doesn't want to give up on his rb potential. will be KR and mouton at pr. Or maybe britt, fish said he will give him a shot.

5. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

oh and ramsey probably will be let go in order to keep all these wrs and defensive linemen.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Wow, would you cry because Ramsey wouldn't be on the team anymore? :rolleyes:

I really don't want Matt Jones on the team. I'm anti-coke. But he deserves a spot over other players on the team. I'd rather see Jared Cook get more looks at slot WR than see Jones signed.

7. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

What? I don't even understand that staement. All im saying is we need space for all this depth and Fisher said he's pleased with Ramsey but we need to see how we are at the other postions. Ramsey may be let go to save space.

:rolleyes:

The more wrs the better imo. And id rather cook play his position. Why line him up at wr all the time? He's a te for a reason. He creates mismatches every play.

8. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

I'd assume he'd also be the #3 QB if signed. He was pretty good in college.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

After seeing that piece on Matt Jones from ESPN First Take you gotta say why the hell not. Like he said, he had his best year last year, he's still young, and has already finished up his drug court process. He is a young guy who got busted with coke, I know it's still not cool but I ain't crazy enough to think that he's the only one doing the stuff.

He deserves another shot, and if he's hungry to prove himself then who better to do it with than us. And really stick it to the Jags. Low risk, great rewards if this thing works out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar