Mariota is going to...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JustAFan, Jul 6, 2018.

?

Will Mariota play better or worse in 2018

Poll closed Jul 20, 2018.
  1. Lots better (last year was the fault of the offensive scheme)

39 vote(s)
    54.2%
  2. A little better (last year was partially the fault of the offensive scheme)

30 vote(s)
    41.7%
  3. About the same . (Mariota is a mediocre QB)

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. A little worse (Mariota is over rated)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. A lot worse (Mariota will be exposed for the sucky QB he is)

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

I don't get you. Are you a doctor who lets his deadbeat douchebag brother use his account on occasion? Or do you suffer from dissociative identity disorder?

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hes in the colonoscopy club, makes lists and hates his favorite team, dont mind him

• LOL LOL x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Last years impact on Mariota's play was an ALMOST entire offseason of rehab and Elmer Fudd calling the plays...

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

It's odd to me that Mariota's best year statistically, came when there was a coaching change mid-season. Usually a big event like that can really hamper a QBs play and progress. If you look at it statistically, Whisenhunt was actually better for Mariota than Mularkey, which is sad (and that is in no way an endorsement of Whis).

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

We’ll see what happens.

Put up or shut up Mariota year.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I definitely think this is a justifiable Big year for Marcus. He has the scheme and weapons to be successful. He needs to show consistency this year or we have a problem. I do think he will be better and I do think he is a solid leader. He has shown he can be great. It’s crazy if you think about it, because even with his flaws and question marks, he is better than any QB we have had since McNair.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

He did have like two huge games as a rookie too right that are total career outliars

8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I bet that Mariota breaks 4 K this year. I think 25+ TD and less INT than last year.

It will be a solid year but I don't expect the next "elite" (a term thrown around WAAAYYY too often already) type season. It will be good, in the mix for pro-bowl (which doesn't mean much anymore).

Regardless of how Mariota's stats look, I do expect this team to be in the playoffs and competitive with the best. That really minimizes how much I care about how Mariota's stat line looks.

9. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Strictly post number comments. 100K should be sometime this week at this rate.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Sad thing is- If Mariota poos the bed again this year- fans will shift blame to the new staff. Or to the WRs.

Someone else will always take the blame. Because he's likable.

Saw the same with McNair. Then his backup came in and outplayed him. So then the fans shifted the argument to wins. lol Never ends. Because the QB was responsible for the D giving up 30pt games somehow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar