Mariota has had 2 good games in a row.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JustAFan, Nov 11, 2018.

?
  1. Marota has always been inconsistent, some great games, some bad games, and i expect it to continue.

16 vote(s)
    31.4%
  2. Mariota will continue to have good games, bad games this year were mostly due to nerve damage.

28 vote(s)
    54.9%
  3. I am confused, not sure what to think about Mariota.

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Brady has had bad games long before this season. As has every other great QB. Only point I'm making is that great QBs aren't great every single game. Nothing to do with how I feel about Mariota.

The Titans did exactly what it takes to throw QBs like Brady off their game...hit him early and often and don't let him step up in the pocket. Brady never got in a groove because he was being terrorized in the pocket.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

3. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Sigh.

We've been saying on here for years that the only time the offence has any cohesion is when MM takes charge in the 4th or in a 2min drill and gets that no huddle going.

He gets an opportunity to give feedback and it takes half a season for him to pipe up!

Offence could of been going great guns for 6 weeks now!

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I dunno. Marcus still had some bad drops and you can't blame the play called for that. And I have no doubt his injury limited the playbook to an extent.

I've been a fan of the Titans for a long time and any time a major change is made to the offensive scheme, it takes time for everyone to get on the same page.

Maybe Marcus wasn't as comfortable and willing to speak up. He should have spoken up on that two-point call against the Chargers. I thought that roll out yesterday where he hit Jonnu for the TD would have been a much better call.

Did anyone notice he had the plays on a pad on his waist instead of his left forearm? I didn't notice that vs. Dallas.

5. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Interestingly enough, all I could see on that play was Lewis wide open on the left hand side of the field. Marcus only had eyes for the right though. Doesnt mater if he found the man the play was designed to go to though

6. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

lack of certain people who post on every negative post in this thread...

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

The OP needs to change the title to "3 games in a row" as MM8 was pretty solid in the Chargers game. I wish on the final 2 pt conversion try we would have used a better play. I think if MM8 is solid for the remainder of the season and gets us a division title then give him the $$$.

8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I just finished watching the game. I was quite impressed with J. Smith. Think that guy is gonna be something one day soon.

Lots of the young guys look bright. Davis. Jackson. Brown and Landry and Evans.

Maybe we just had a funk due to injury and new system. Hope we keep this rolling.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

The staff speaks very highly of Jonnu, and have stuck with him for 2 years now despite some growing pains. They obviously thought that he would turn a corner. He did look like a young Delanie on Sunday. He completely rose from the dead and is now someone who I'd like to see get more touches.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar