Mangini is gone: good call or bad call?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nickmsmith, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I personally think they made a mistake. Mangini isn't at fault for Brett beginning to suck at the end of the season.

Well, at least the got rid of Herm Edwards, but I can't see the justification for him to be let go. Getting one past-his-prime QB doesn't automatically make you a Super Bowl Contender.

Wonder what stud they'll sign next, I hear Romeo Crennel is available.

2. tommygoldman05

tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

I don't think they will be as good next year either way. I really don't see Brett coming back but the might be able to pick up Cassel. Only time will tell. Plus Marty Schottenheimer is still available.

3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I tend to agree. The Jets seem to fire their coach every three years... it seems as soon as the NY press/fans tire of the head coach's schtick the owner caves in and fires him. Two seasons ago Mangini was as praised as the Raven's Harbaugh is today; a young, first year coach leading his team into the playoffs... now he's a chump.

If the Jets land Cowher they better hope he can lure Dick LeBeau away from the Steelers too or else they'll be firing the chin after three seasons also.

I think the Lions could do worse than hiring Manigini.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It seems like they thought Favre was in his prime and was going to lead them to the holy land but facts are they are an old team who will have to rebuild soon.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Mangini didn't lead the lead in interceptions.

6. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

I would say bad. But Herm Edwards, Romeo Crennel and John Grunden need to be fired. Plus I still think Manning coaches the Colts. Dungy just takes up space.

Oh and Jack Del Rio needs to go too.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Jim Schwartz

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

you know what's really funny about this? every time they fire their coach, it takes the next coach two or three years to get "his guys" on defense.

parcells ran a 3-4, herm edwards switched to a cover two and then mangini went back to the 3-4. that undoubtedly is a lot more effort than it's worth.

9. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

and then....your fired.

10. Amishboy

Amishboy Camp Fodder

Yeah, it's stupid. It's like going out fishing and going after fish jumping on top of the water. You're always going to where the fish were, not where they are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar