making the playoffs just got harder.....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I would expect to see the Colts plays into the third quarter against us. They are guaranteed a week off.

The only thing which would help Dungy make that move sooner would be for Albert to lay down on Peyton a time or two. :yes:

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

A few monster blitzes will scare Dungy into pulling Manning from these meaningless games. I'm not buying what they are selling.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Yeah, I don't buy that either. It's not secret that Addai is banged up. Wayne has been carrying the whole load at WR. It's no surprise that Dungy would say that, but that doesn't mean he'll follow through.

4. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

The only 3 guys on offense I would expect the Colts to rest are Wayne, Addai and Clark. I could see these guys being pulled after a quarter to allow them to clear any niggling injuries. Manning will play most of the game.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Me neither. Half of his quotes lean our way. "I've had buddies on other teams that needed us to win to get into the playoffs, and that's too bad," Dungy said. "We've got to do what's best for us, and it's our responsibility to our team to be the best we can be for the playoffs."

Human nature will dictate that he pulls his players out, or that he gives them a half or less. They are almost too banged up not to rest their players.

And then you have to ask yourself, do you want Peyton out there without his weapons, because that puts him at greater risk in the pocket. Rest helps players. It does. It's energy that you wouldn't have otherwise. Most marathoners stop running weeks before the race on purpose. And in the NFL, that is multiplied because of the pain.

6. Riverman

If we beat the Jets and Manning is starting- we have to all out blitz a couple of times early to get him pulled. It is that simple. We have to get them to go with Sorgi and Kenton Keith.

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Another way to look at it is that, if we can't beat the Colts with all their stars playing, we may as well not bother making the playoffs in the first place.

If we want to win it all, the road probably is going to go through Indianapolis at some point. If they play their starters, let's just beat their starters.

8. Riverman

I don't see us getting past the wildcard game if we do make the play-offs. I just want VY, Griffin, Lendale, Hall and some of the older guys to get some playoff experience.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

is playoff experience good if it's a 1st round exit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar