Love MM8, but....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MM8, Dec 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Yes, but you'll need to dip it in milk for him. Tingles and all .

• LOL LOL x 4
  2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Why is this still an argument? Two bottom feeder QBs compared like being better than the other means anything. Still doesnt even mean serviceable starter.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. HurrayTitans!

I understand what the article is trying to say, but just like every other QB passing stat, as different eras and rules have come along, they’ve increased heavily.
    Has anyone ever looked at rating alone and legitimately thought any of those comparisons made in the article were true?
    Cousins better than Montana, Schaub better than Marino?
    Surprisingly enough, people that follow the sport aren’t that stupid. Even more to the point, with the exception of Tom Brady, it’s been highly regarded that Montana is the best QB to ever play the game, rating numbers aside.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

You can't compare numbers in different eras.

In Montana's era, defenders were allowed to absolutely destroy QBs and receivers. None of this defenseless player, leading with the crown of your helmet, above the head stuff like now.

It's simply a different game now. Not as much toughness required.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Just trying to find a bright side. Doesn't take reading too many of my posts to see I am not a Mariota supporter.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. HurrayTitans!

I think you can argue different eras just not 1 v 1. For example, I’ve always thought of Marino’s 5K season in 1984 much more impressive than any of the guys that got 5K within the last few years. It has to do with how that peticular stat held up against the others of the era.

Using that example, Marino had 1K more yards than #3 on the year. Only 3 guys reached 4K.
    In 2016, Drew Brees was the only guy to pass for 5K. 13 other QBs reached 4K and the top 3 all had 4900.

2013 was probably a lot closer.

I do also compare overall teams and D of the different eras when comparin* players of different eras and even some rules. Toughness is hard to define/compare in different eras, but comparing among like players of the era before comparing different eras can work.

7. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Eh, GM's are willing to gamble at the QB position if they think there's a chance he could get on track. How many 1st rounders have been used on Sam "Mr Glass" Bradford? 3, 4? Don't even get me started on how much money he has made for no real reason. If JR wanted to move Mariota, in a bad QB draft year, I'm sure he could get a 1st. The thing is, will what you get back be at least as good as what Mariota brings to the team? Doubtful, if you're using that pick on a QB.

8. HurrayTitans!

True about Bradford on all accounts. The one factor for him is the necessity of QB to the teams he went to. Every one of them had nobody and Bradford was kind of like the best of what’s left. Don’t know why the need to overpay him but I guess that’s the beggars not being choosers.

So pending which team has literally no QB currently, the trade offer for Mariota could exist.

9. Tricky

Tricky Starter

I would trade Marcus and his $21M one year deal to anyone for a 1st in a heartbeat, like yesterday. Hell, I'd probably take a 2nd. Now that I think of it, I might even take a 3rd.

#209 Tricky, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    • Boring Boring x 1
  10. Tricky

Tricky Starter

@MrBean please explain why this ^ is Bullsh*t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar