Love MM8, but....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MM8, Dec 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Definite limits in options and I can’t recall anyone saying they were willing to pay starter money for a backup like Keenum or if Foles had hit the market

2. RTH

RTH Meh...

Probably not... it seems to becoming a necessary evil.

Some of our strongest teams have had good, "pricey" QBs.

3. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Source= Alex Jones conspiracy sites. Lol

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

[​IMG]
    Final regular season team Expected Points Added per game (EPA/G). Horizontal axis is offense, vertical is defense. Up and right are good.

Titans not in a good place on the left half of the graph, offense is lacking

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I totally agree except, if he was going to be out for sure, why practice? I'm guessing the issue was taking a hit and not just throwing the football.

He talked to Robert Watkins. I assume his MRI was sent out there. Dude is a certified orthopedic spine surgeon. If it was the "tingles", isn't Mariota seeking the opinion of a neurologist?

If this is a new injury, I don't blame Mariota for getting any and all opinions if his career is potentially at risk. If this was a matter of differing opinions, and the Titans physicians said he could go, then I bet his agent got in his ear.

It may take some time but I hope we get more info on how all this went down.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Understand. But if he practiced he felt reasonable to play. And MDs felt so. FO decision to shut him down. And the rest is marketing and consideration of future benefit of franchise. Just think FO knew MM8 not well enough to sacrifice draft position. Cynical? Yes. Just been around enough.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Crazy how Derek Carr is lower than Mariota with quite better numbers imo. If Gruden ends up wanting his ow guy, I would jump all over Carr.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

[​IMG]
    Marcus Mariota
    [​IMG]
    QB
    Titans
    2017: 19

Mariota has played better than his numbers indicate after throwing only 24 touchdowns with 23 interceptions over the last two years combined. But it's disheartening to see the 25-year-old's career ceiling get lower by the year, with defined weaknesses dealing with pressure or throwing on the move combined with recurring durability questions.

They must not be aware of our o-line and how our receivers always run the wrong routes.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Chad

Chad Special Teams Standout

Seems like a pretty accurate assessment to me. Sailed balls over WR’s heads all year long while throwing on the run. Call me crazy, but I want my “franchise” QB to play like a franchise QB more than 4 times a season. And also being available for key games down the stretch would be nice also. And as the assessment says, it’s disheartening to see your franchise QB’s ceiling get lower by the year. Can’t argue with that statement, no matter how much you try.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar