Looks like Vince landed with the Iggles

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Think we'll see any trick plays with Vince and Vick in the backfield together?

2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I definitely think so. Think of all the trick plays Reid came up with in Vick's first season with Philly; I expect some of those with Young.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Vince Young, journeyman.
    See ya next year on The Raiders.

4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I said this on the traditional VY thread, but I think that this is a good move. I think that he needs a little "pine time" again, to maybe digest what happened last year, and how it impacted his situation. That, plus maybe some guidance from both Vick and Reid, could set him back on the tracks.

The wild card in this is how he will react to the media and fans there....

5. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

That's ok...Momma's got his back....

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

one major problem, Philly is far far away from Austin. They have no allegiance, he better shut up and play.

7. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

Hahaha, I just had this conversion earlier with my Mom when I told we (Eagles are my home team) got Vince Young. I also said knowing what I know as a Titans fan he better toughen his skin in Philadelphia because the city is absolutely brutal on it's sports figures!

8. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I agree with you 100%. It's unfortunate he didn't work out in TN because the one thing Young does not lack is talent. Yes he definitely needs to grow the h3ll up, but the boy has talent. He simple needs to mature and become a student of the game. Unfortunately for him, it's normally very difficult to change your work ethic. In most cases you either have it or you don't.

In VY case, I sure hopes he takes advantage of this situation because if you can't make it work learning under Vick and Reid you probably can't make it work anywhere in the NFL.

With all that being said if he does mature OMG, can you imagine how dynamic the Birds just became? Hypothetical, but imagine Vick, Action Jackson, Maclin, Shady, & Young out on the field at the same time... What do you do? lol

It's definitely a good pick up for the birds and a W-W all the way around for them and Young. I'm sure he will be licking his chops in another 3 years when we face the Birds again (we seem to play the Eagles every 4 years).

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

This is a good fit for both sides.

10. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

I think Vince will do just fine. If he gets any playing time, i will go out of my way to watch and root for him.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar