Long Term Deal for Henry?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Oh ok, well dang they need to get busy.

2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

You have to prepare for them either way. You specified that teams don’t have to stack the box for Johnson. Fine but they do have to prepare for him.
    The value of the contract is not tied to whether a team prepares by stacking the box or having to worry about a receiving game.

3. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Henry averaged almost 70 yards per game in the first 6 games of the year. That’s an 1,100 rush yard pace for the year. Again foolish to think he wasn’t good all year long.

4. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

I didn’t say you don’t have to prepare for him lol a RB who forces a team to stack the box opens things up for an offense. It brings more value than a RB who can catch the ball out of the backfield. There are less RB’s who force teams to stack the box than there are pass catching backs. That’s where the value comes in.

5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Completely subjective standpoint.

I think there are less RB capable of doing what CMC did or DJ did the year he got paid than there’s are backs that force a D to stack a box.

For some examples, since 2000:
    David Johnson’s payday was from his 2016 season, 1239/ 16 TD and 80/879/4.
    Total yards - 2118 and 20 TD

-His 20 TD is #5 behind 2x priest Holmes(02’, 03’), 2x Marshall faulk(00’, 01’)

-His 879 receiving yards is #4, CMC (19’), Charlie’s Garner (02’) and technically Austin ekeler who only rushed for 500(19’)

-#11 to have 80 catches and at least 200+ carries, faulk x3, CMC x2, Forte, LT, Steven jackson, Barkley, Westbrook, L. Bell

-#18 in 2000+ Offensive yards by split of at least 500 receiving. 3x faulk, 2x LT, 2x Holmes, CMC, CJ, Tiki, Steven jackson, edge, demarco Murray, Ahman green, Arian Foster, L Bell, Larry Johnson, deuce, and McCoy.

That said pretty limited group he’s compared with and of the other names listed, they are almost exclusively top league backs that earned big paychecks and more.

I’d say the percentages of success outside injury (which played a part) the cards were justified in his payday.
    Needles to say, most of these backs don’t need a stacked box but definately need specific game plans to stop.

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

One thing that encouraged me about Henry is how he played injured against the Raiders and Texans. He had 0 speed and explosiveness and still put up decent numbers for 1.5 games.

He can lose a step or two and still be a top 10 or better runner.

7. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

How much would you pay a rb these days for 1100 yards a year? That is above average...not good and no where near great.

8. Vorsutus

Vorsutus Starter

I think he meant will not wont.

9. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

I think you are missing the entire point. No one is arguing he didn’t have a great season.

If you’re trying to tell me teams didn’t stack the box for Preist Holmes, Marshall Faulk, or LT well I’m just gonna stop replying lol

10. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Dude..... His worst games this year he was still “above average”. How is this so hard to understand?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar