Long Term Deal for Henry?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I would also add that BDH just fits what the TIts want to do (although personally I would rather we pass to set up the run). It is a good fit....don't screw it up Tits.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

tf you talking about? Henry’s only had 4 games this season where he averaged under 4 yac.

3. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

You don’t give deals base on what people deserve. You give deals based on what makes you a better team in the long run. That is how the patriots have dominated this sport for 20 years. That’s it, that is all.

4. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

We scored 28 points against one of the better defenses and almost won the game without him. So we might not need 6’3” 250 to be a good team. Super winner this year likely won’t have a back that big.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Very likely no one will replace his production. You are right on that, but that is not the point we who think we should move on are making. The point is the team can replace enough of the production to still be successful and make up for it by spending that money in other areas. Yes, you can spend the money and have an awesome weapon but spending that kind of money on even a great running back has been shown to be a mistake time and time again. For every example you can give where it has worked out I can give you five where it didn’t. So no one is denying how good Henry is or how unique. The point is it doesn’t matter and spending too much on him is unwise.

And yes, you let other teams foolishly overpay for players...that is how you become more successful than them. Name the top team that have foolishly over paid for players. I will wait.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Thats not the only reason theyve dominated

Filming opponents sidelines, deflating footballs, and other stuff has helped them

Henry absolutely earned a second contract from us. Its good to reward home grown talents

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Seriously? I hope you don’t really believe that.

I am not saying he hasn’t played well enough to get one. But we don’t have to give him one. Someone will pay him. I just don’t think we should. Is the money best spent on him, or could we replace him in the draft and get better value at other places? Cool with disagreeing. It will be interesting to see what JR does. It will tell me a lot about the type of GM he is.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hes going to reward the guy he drafted who has been the ONLY RB hes added whos been good

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Vorsutus

Vorsutus Starter

Well Murray was good for a bit.

10. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

Let Henry walk, resign Mariota as our RB

• LOL LOL x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar