List 3 guys that will ruin our draft if selected

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by HeadOnASwivel, Apr 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I've been reading a lot of posts about the players we are most impressed with and would like to see drafted, but I haven't seen the guys you just despise and will be the worst possible selections. Since I have a weird feeling that I'm going to be highly disappointed with our first pick I'd like to point out the 3 guys that, if picked, will make me punch the TV. The guys I'm listing are the exact kind of players that attract the Titans attention (workout warriors without good tape).

Carlos Dunlap DE- Freakish athletic ability, but has a low motor and doesn't play hard all the time also has some off the field concerns. He reminds me a lot of Michael Johnson from Georgia Tech last year who fell to the 3rd round.

Jason Pierre-Paul DE- Again a freakish athlete, but has almost no experience or tape to justify a high selection. Very high boom/bust potential, however I fear the later. The guy sounds like he never finished the 2nd grade and, from all accounts, was a big letdown during interviews.

Taylor Mays S- Another workout warrior who possesses freakish speed for someone his size. Big hitter but can't cover anyone and has terrible change of direction. Players like this are a dying breed in the current NFL game, ask Roy Williams.

I have a terrible feeling we are going to pick Dunlap, I hope I'm wrong.

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I was gonna list the exact same 3 guys. Dunlap scares me the most. JPP wouldn't be as hard to accept though. Mays would be a huge reach at 16. Especially if Earl Thomas or Kyle Wilson are on the board too.

If we take Dunlap, I'm gonna be pissed. It'd be nice if Clausen fell to 16 and someone wants to trade up for him.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

carlos dunlap

joe haden

jason pierre paul

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Dunlap
    Earl Thomas
    Joe Haden

I went with the most popular picks that I think will be complete flops.

5. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I was hoping something like that would happen as well so we could trade down and pick up a 2nd, Claussen would be a perfect example of that. The nice thing is the two teams that have tons of picks this year (Patriots and Eagles) pick just below us. I can see either of them moving up if the player they covet slips.

6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Hayden, really guys?

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Still working it?

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yep. And let me say-

Earl Thomas will probably make a great 2nd string nickel-back for some team. Or a decent special teams player.

9. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

CJ spiller. only if taken in the first round. I know were most likely going defense, but if we tried to grab a returner first then i will be sorely pissed. You know the Titans love suprises.

10. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill Camp Fodder

Deuce insists on letting everyone know how little he knows about football.

I'd say it would be

tebow
    Any runningback picked before the 5th round
    Dunlap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar