Let's talk Treylon Burks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chad81, Oct 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies due to lack of activity. Consider opening a new thread instead.
  1. Chad81

Chad81 Starter

The fan base was generally hyped for this pick. Expectations were sky high and to this point have not even been close to being met. J Rob traded the best WR this franchise has ever had for what essentially amounted to be Burks and that memory will be with the fan base for the foreseeable future, especially with AJ tearing it up.

Burks has major issues with drops, durability issues and a lack of production you expect to see out of a first round WR. I had high hopes for this season, especially with the signing of Hopkins making Burks the #2 and relieving him of the pressure to shoulder the load and develop. The offense has largely been stagnant this year, but even then the drops and missed time continue which have nothing to do with a bad OL or aging QB.

What point will Burks be considered a bust? An underwhelming sophomore campaign? Year three? Or year four if his 5th year option is declined?

2. Doc

Doc Pro Bowler

Not sure many of us were “sky high” on this guy. We were all ticked about AJ and we’re hopeful he would be decent at best.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I've already considered him a bust. Dude is just soft and can't stay on the field.

Not productive on the field and stays injured is a major flag IMO.

At least he's a BEAST in camp.

So glad I didn't buy his jersey as I was about to based on camp hype.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  4. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Kenny Britt, Kendall Wright, and Corey Davis have all been better for us than Burks. As it stands now, Burks is the 4th best and most valuable WR on the team behind Hopkins, Moore, and NWI.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

At least Justin Hunter caught a game winning TD for us.

I really wanted to like Burks, but he just isn't built for this game. Wonder if his girlfriend will stick with him and his colorful eyes when he doesn't get the massive contract.

• LOL LOL x 2
  6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Everything about this pick has sucked.

The reason why we made the pick.

Asthma.

Showed up out of shape.

Injuries

Didn't do anything first year.

Hasn't done anything second year.

Injuries.

AJ brown still stunting on the NFL.

You will never make it make sense to me. We literally have never developed a homegrown receiver. We finally do and we dump him instead of paying him. Trash.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

… and the person responsible was fired. What now? Would you just cut Burks? Or would you do the smart thing and wait just a bit before you just throw him in the trash.

Durability is a huge issue. But if he is putting in the work and is a good teammate then he gets his shot. He is clearly not a malcontent.

I don’t understand the continued whining about the god damned AJ BRown issue. He is gone, Burks isn’t a better WR than AJ, he is not coming back, wasn’t getting $25 million per from the Titans. Let it go.

8. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

I think some people just like to complain and moan over things completely out of their control, then pass it off as “being real.”

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Dang Ebenezer Scrooge has entered the thread.

• LOL LOL x 2
  10. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Bah humbug!

• LOL LOL x 5
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies due to lack of activity. Consider opening a new thread instead.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar