Let's Talk Defensive Prospects

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Hammer, Jan 31, 2024.

1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Does everyone realize that every Titan draft pick last year was on offense? I get that the offense was horrible (much of that can be blamed on coaching too) and we need to upgrade. We can't neglect the other side of the ball completely though or we will have a disaster of a defense in a year or two.

Not saying we have to go D on every pick, or in the first, we just cannot ignore it again. Our Secondary is trash, it will take FAs and draft picks to fix.

So, who are some of the defensive prospects you like? Interested in hearing about DBs because I don't seem to know them very well yet.

Up front, Brandon Dorlus is an interesting mid-high round prospect who could be replacement for Denico Autry. Undersized DL who can play inside and outside. Good to have guys like that next to the big boys.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

good teams get someone for every position group OR BPA

seen both work well

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I've always thought you need at least one DB in every draft class. Should probably have one OL too

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

FWIW Titans in no position to be drafting like they are a good team - LOL

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

*One roster quality DB and OL every draft class.

They don’t all have to be starters, but they need to contribute. We’ve failed at that part.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Carp

Carp Starter

Our defense isn't bad, aside from the secondary. We certainly need to invest in secondary either in FA or in the draft.

We need a replacement at DT/NT since we moved on from both Tart and Jones during the season and Autry is a FA. Bringing back Autry should be a priority, imo.

We need to add some quality depth at LB and make a decision on Al-Shaair. Wouldn't be opposed to bringing him back on team friendly deal but given he was 5th in the NFL in total tackles, that may not be possible.

But overall, we have the pieces in place for a solid defense. Can't ignore it in the draft, but also not as high of a priority as OL and WR, imo.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

LBs should lead team in tackles... that is the job

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Although last years draft was all offense I think you will see the same again this yr in the 1st and 2nd rnds.... you just have to get Levis his weapons to grow with and the protection that he needs.

Should be able to improve LB/CB in FA.

9. Delco78

Delco78 Starter

Sweat is one I would consider drafting in Round 2. Put him next to Simmons and our d line would eat.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

DB is most likely going to be addressed in FA I would imagine. Our DC was the DB coach in raven-land and i think all the CBs there are free agents except marlon humphrey.

also Geno stone (safety) had a breakout year and is a free agent from there as well

to be fair... the seahawks got their actual DC so we will likely be competing with them for these players

• Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar