LenFrail:Is Lendale too skinny?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansJonne, Jul 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

As crazy as that sounds does anyone think his major weight loss will have a negative impact on him? He's been pretty solid these past two seasons at his previous weight. Do you guys think that he maybe shouldn't be worried about dropping weight? I think the dude is a great short yardage guy but he wants to be more than that. Which i just don't see. He needs to just do what he does best and pound it in behind our all star o-line.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I think losing the weight is great.

I don't think you understand... 6' 1" 234 is in no way "frail". He's still a load. He's taking a step forward in his career, and there is no reason, whatsoever, to be worried. He's still going to be a solid short yardage back.

Losing fat and gaining muscle is always good... unless you're an offensive lineman or a DT.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Lendale should be a much better player this year. If he performs maybe he should be offered a new contract. He's taking his conditioning seriously. That's awesome. We can thank CJ for that. He has some ridiculously low body fat, like 1% or something. LenDale lost his status to as starter to Johnson. Johnson is a star. LenDale is second fiddle. LenDale should have a great year. We shall see.

4. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

lendale will either play good and take the most money he can get (not us)

or he will continue to be an average RB in the nfl and the titans will not bother with him since we have like 100 RBs on our roster.

well probably give chris the BEAST henry a real shot. then we will have the 2 chrises in the backfield dominating

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Explain to me what exactly makes Lendale White an 'average' running back. 4 ypc and 7+ TD per season is above average in my book sir. 15 TDs last year is average? His stats have done nothing but increase since his rookie year, and now hes in the best shape of his NFL career.

6. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

You're kidding...right?

7. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Barring a game/season ending injury, we all know that no one is upseating CJ.
    As for LW, the only other RB on our roster that has a legit shot at upseating LW is Ringer, and that's only if he both outshines LW in TC and in the PS.
    As for the others, unless LW and Ringer just have a totally horrible, deplorable TC and PS AND CHen, Ganther, Little have stellar TCs at the same time, they are going to be right where they are....or worse.
    I see Ringer getting little snippets of playing time with us in a similar manner that Darren Sproles did with the Chargers behind LT and Turner.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

At 230ish LenDale White was a standout rusher leading USC in rushing in his first two seasons. If any college team was 'pro like' it's USC and for LenDale to have 3,159 yards rushing with a total of 52 TD's over his time there I'd say lets get the LenDale who plays near 230. Not the blob like creature at 245-260 he was last year fumbling away TD's in the playoffs. I was thrilled draft day in 2006 when he fell to us in the 2nd round. Since that day he hasn't had the career I thought he might, but coming into the 2009 season I think he will show us what he's really capable of. He wants the extension, but more importantly he wants the ring. He wouldn't loss the weight and bust his lazy butt if he wasn't sure playing at 230 would make him the best he can be. He knows what the lighter LenDale could mean for his success and our teams success.

9. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

"Skinny"? He is still a fumbling, fat a** until the new season begins.

10. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Yep.
    I think a lighter, faster LenDale will mean more long TD runs like he had against Kansas City last season, where he like, outran everyone for the longest run from scrimmage of last season (even longer than CJ's longest).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar