LeFleur doesn't have the players for his scheme..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by blacktitan, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blacktitan

blacktitan Starter

and Vrabel doesn't know what to do. Just saying "we have to play/coach better" is the sign of a coaching staff that has no more answers. Remember, the players on this squad were selected to run the asinine "Exotic smash mouth" on O and LeBeau's "Blitzburg" D. D. Henry was expected to be the building block of that O, helping covering up Mariota's weaknesses in the pocket. LeFluer wants to put fast and physical backs in space on RPO's and rub routes out of the back field (lining up RB's at WR). D. Henry is fast and physical, but not the optimal pass catcher lining up wide. Couple that with injuries and you have a broken offense, which is going to take a drastic overhaul to fix, scheme and/or personnel wise.

The D is not suited to press cover WR's and TE's on crossing and seem routes, and apparently anything coming out of the back field on a wheel route. The players seem to be completely lost on D, which is puzzling because the many of the exact same players were the 4th best D yardage wise in the NFL last year. I actually think they had a below average LB corps and Secondary last year and upgraded those areas this year personal wise. Now the scheme doesn't work. Too much change and it has showed.

But the silver lining is that the Titans are still leading the division, which is all you can ask and do during the regular season; win the division. So everything is still in front of them as far as their season goals are concerned. They do need more playmakers on O, a scheme that better utilizes D. Henry and protects Mariota, (physically and skill set-wise), and gets the D playmakers in better position to make plays. It seems as though the coaching staff really doesn't understand skillsets of the players they have, on both sides of the ball. They are asking them to do things they are not good at.

These things can, and must get fixed. I hope the staff is up to it.

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

A good coach can adjust his scheme to fit the players

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 5
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. The Hammer

If he does not have the "Right players" for his "Scheme" then he needs to stop

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I think that’s why we are seeing a slow conversion back to the Mularkey O...

Just hasn’t figured out how to call 8 man pass pro yet....

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

a few weeks ago we were praising their ability to adjust. i still have faith they can straighten it all out. terrible loss though

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
  6. The Hammer

We bounce from one extreme to the other here.

First it was "We only gonna have LaFleur one year cuz he gonna be a head coach next year"

now this lol

• LOL LOL x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

I actually don’t think he knows how to call plays.

Probably up in the booth pressing “ask madden”

• LOL LOL x 4
  8. blacktitan

blacktitan Starter

I really think Lefluer was brought in to change up the scheme, which is what got Mularkey fired. LeFluer is thinking scheme first rather than the skillsets of his players. No way would I have predicted that Lewis would have gotten more carries than D. Henry. That is a sign that Lefluer just doesn't know how to use Henry. Someone pointed out that D. Henry was getting 5 yds/carry against Buffalo and yet only got 12 carries. That is a sign that they have not game planned to get Henry a lot of carries, which is weird. Henry is a better running back than Lewis. Yet, Lewis is getting most of the runs and snaps because they like his pass catching ability. Yes, Lewis is a better pass catcher, but Henry is better running back, when used properly. He needs 20 to 25 carries a game, regardless of ypc. because come 4th qtr, he's gonna start pounding away at tired D. Something that Lewis can't do.

9. bupac

bupac Starter

Win the division and be one and done in playoffs

10. bupac

bupac Starter

Asking Madden would probably have given us better plays than what we saw

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar