Kevin Dodd is...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thefreak, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

You honestly shouldn’t regret standing up for a player that you believed could have a good role for the team.

But you should realize you went about it the worst way possible by using insults and calling people names who didn’t agree with your opinion.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

That was not directed at anyone in here. Judging by the title, I was expecting something much harsher, but it was fair both to him and the FO.

I am actually more on the side of Riverman now. This is a huge blemish on Robinson's resume. We came out ahead in the 2016 draft, but in 2017 he selected 3 offensive players in positions with high failure rates with our first 4 draft picks, and he basically drafted one immediate starter this year. I liked the Landry move, but that's another risk. If we make the playoffs again next year, all is forgiven, but we really need to see production out of the young players next year.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

No one hits on all their picks. Patriots draft busts all the time ... But they are quick to move on, and draft enough solid players to make up for it.

And not every draft is gonna have multiple immediate starters. In fact, ideally Jrob will draft and retain well enough that we won't need any rookie starters eventually since he has already built a good team.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

just to clarify- I think JRob is a good GM. Just not shown he's been "great" like many here on the board were saying. There was a tremendous amount of "JRob the Savior/God" hype going on. The Byard pick was by far his best. And the DeMarco Murray trade was a very solid FA move.

But he was given a LOT to work with when he came on board. Already had a franchise QB and a tremendous amount of draft capital to work out a trade. And to be honest, he wasted a bit of it on early round moves. Conklin was worth trading back up 8 slots for even though the price was steep. And we'll have to see about Corey Davis being worth the #5 overall. He wasn't last year although injured, WR truly is a position that takes 3 years. I am hoping we see him with at least 8 TD's and 1000 yds this year.

5. Riverman

a top 10 pick should contribute right away unless its a QB. A #33 overall pick is expected to contribute in some fashion also.

6. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

if every 1st round draft pick was good then every team would be superbowl contenders.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Teams need half their starters to be good to really compete (5-6 on each side of the ball)

By the time you hit on ten 1st and 2nd rounders the first few are on their way out.

GMs really earn their keep after the 1st. But the 1st should be the easiest to hit on..

8. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I am mildly surprised Dodd’s agent hasn’t tried some sort of damage control PR move.

9. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Dodd doesn't have an agent any more, he has a case worker.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  10. Riverman

Dodd wants out. Just cut him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar